Quantcast Week of December 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Week of December 10

Hey everybody, this is my first ever post. I've been on this site quite a bit but decided today to take the plunge.

We're coming to WDW for my daughter's birthday the week of Dec. 10. I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the crowd sizes. All help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME. Other than that, name a time when WDW isn't busy

Have a great time. Save extra dough for the cool xmas ornaments. I'm not a christmas person, but even I shell out some cash for them.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there that week as well (and the next, too). Crowds will not be light, but not overwhelmingly crowded. As the week progresses you will experience noticeably larger crowds, but still very manageable. Just be sure you have all your ADRs and FP+ booked. It'll be a great trip.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Intercot!! We've always enjoyed going at that time of the year. Crowds are manageable and the holiday decorations are great!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I echo all the PP's with their advice. One thing to remember though, is that weather can be tricky that time of year - especially the temps. Be sure to pack something a little warmer than shorts & T-shirts as the temps can get quite cool, especially in the evenings.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Be sure to pack something a little warmer than shorts & T-shirts as the temps can get quite cool, especially in the evenings.
    At times, it can get downright cold at this time of year - I'm talking winter coats and gloves. Temperatures can be all over the place - even on the same trip.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get freaked out by the "cold." A hoodie or light jacket. No parkas or anything. Might bring athletic shoes if you are a flip flop type of person.

Don't forget, you have palm trees and oranges in Orlando. Not freezing cold. Even in winter. But cooler in the evenings, certainly.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Don't forget, you have palm trees and oranges in Orlando. Not freezing cold. Even in winter. But cooler in the evenings, certainly.
    It can certainly get freezing cold at Disney World. I've been there when the temperatures were below freezing. One year, I wore multiple layers, including a heavy winter jacket to the Christmas party and it was still chilly. By the way, I live in New England so am used to cold temperatures.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help and direction. The crowds are my biggest concern but there's not much I can do to change that. I'll keep watching and looking for the sound advice of the Intercot community. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

to the INTERCOT family!!! Always happy to greet new members.

Early December is a great time to visit. Crowd levels are reasonable -- Thanksgiving rush is over and Christmas rush has yet to begin. Temps can be warm (70's - highs) to chilly (upper 50's - lows) but with some planning, and forecasts from the Weather Channel, or whatever forecasting service you prefer, you can be well prepared. (I come down from PA, so anything above 60 is shorts and short sleeved shirt weather for me! LOL)

Decorations around the parks AND resorts are fantastic and the shows in EPCOT and World Showcase (Holidays Around the World and Candlelight Processional) are definitely worth seeing. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) in Magic Kingdom (MK) is a fun 'hard ticket' event (Extra $$$ for ticket to the party, but there are some things you can see during the party that won't be available during regular park hours at that time.) Star Wars light/projection show will not be running, but there is a special holiday light/projection show in its place in Disney's Hollywood Studios (DHS). I believe (I may be wrong, so take this with a grain of salt) that there are some special performances in Disney Springs as well.

Make sure your daughter wears her 'Birthday Button' the whole visit and you should all have the "I'm Celebrating" buttons on as well. You never know what might happen, but you are sure to get many "What are you celebrating?" questions and "Happy Birthday!"s from cast members.

Enjoy your trip!!! I will be there just before you (November 29 - December 6)....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: