Quantcast Fixed Dispensers for Toiletries Appearing at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    I always bring my own shampoo etc. anyway. My question, how do they keep someone from opening them and putting something in it. Yucch!
    The container tops are locked in the tray and have to be opened by housekeeping in most settings. Hotelier here, keep in mind there are health regulations in place and those have to be met in order for those to be used. There are processes like changing bottles, pumps, cleaning procedures in place during room reset so the products are safe for the new incoming guests.

    I first heard of these being used in very high end hotels at least 5-6 years ago. The idea is not new and Disney is far from the first. The high end hotels have worked on the usage and cleanliness issues. No hotel wants to risk bring the source of illness.

    Also, this was started not to save money but to attract new younger clientele. Every year older guests stop coming and have to be replaced with younger ones. Eco tourists are one group who don't like all the bottles being thrown out. The other target group is millennials who want to use lots of shampoo etc and don't like the limitations of the small bottles. At best this will cost about the same or more likely a bit more.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: Unknown

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't eat out, ever, because have you seen most chefs.

    I don't buy clothes because I think maybe the Macy's associate rubs them with itching powder (or worse).

    I steadfastly refuse to buy a house, because who knows who might have dumped a pile of termites on the foundation during construction.

    Being constantly wary, you see, is exhausting. :-)
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Leavenworth, KS
    Posts
    973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the repeated theme here that someone will doctor the products in some kind of devilish prank. I mean, what are the odds? Is it any less likely that under the old system mousekeeping would have "put something" in the little bottles? Or the people who work at the factory where they initially bottle them would put antifreeze or snot or whatever in them? Or in any one of hundreds of other instances where you have to rely on a human being coming before you to not do something awful to something you're going to use/consume?

    I put my trust in the average disney visitor to not be a maniac.
    I read that the bottles are locked down so no one would be able to tamper with them.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hadn't heard at it being at too many high end. I prefer them, and haven't seen this. Hopefully they'll try it at the Poly and Grand Floridian and see how it goes. When we do stay onsite, we tend to enjoy Dixie Landings, and so I hate they are doing it there at all.

    As far as Millenials and Eco tourists.. Well, I won't touch that one. But alas I suppose this is one more reason, that the Disney hotels are no longer for me, if this is the new trend.

    As far as Macy's. reductio ad absurdum But to play, clothes are washed first. I do limit my time out, and selective of where I eat, and as you can see, I live in Tx and termites are a way of life here.

    I just feel its a crock of cheapness. ECO whatever. You can always label things like that. But in reality, its cheaper. Like how flimsy water bottles are now (most, not all). Supposedly better for the environment. But in reality, I'm sure done b/c less bottle is cheaper.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  6. #25
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Near Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    I don't think it will catch on once people start pumping all the product out into an empty bottle....
    HAHA - that's what I thought too!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    I don't eat out, ever, because have you seen most chefs.

    I don't buy clothes because I think maybe the Macy's associate rubs them with itching powder (or worse).

    I steadfastly refuse to buy a house, because who knows who might have dumped a pile of termites on the foundation during construction.

    Being constantly wary, you see, is exhausting. :-)
    Everybody has their "thing" that bugs them. This doesn't happen to be yours, but I'm sure you have one.
    And face it, you've heard the stories coming out of fast food restaurants - burgers getting spit on, pizzas with "special" sauce, etc. It isn't like it never happens. If you've never heard them, I'll be more than happy to share some with you. :P

    I don't really think these people are too concerned about someone being malicious on purpose, but humans are nasty creatures. What if some little kid wiped his booger on the bottom of the container? Someone mentioned a butt towel draped over it. (Do people really have a special towel for their butts?) What if a couple gets "frisky" in there? Hmm, maybe I shouldn't add any more thoughts to those who are already grossed out by it.
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Everybody has their "thing" that bugs them. This doesn't happen to be yours, but I'm sure you have one.
    And face it, you've heard the stories coming out of fast food restaurants - burgers getting spit on, pizzas with "special" sauce, etc. It isn't like it never happens. If you've never heard them, I'll be more than happy to share some with you. :P

    I don't really think these people are too concerned about someone being malicious on purpose, but humans are nasty creatures. What if some little kid wiped his booger on the bottom of the container? Someone mentioned a butt towel draped over it. (Do people really have a special towel for their butts?) What if a couple gets "frisky" in there? Hmm, maybe I shouldn't add any more thoughts to those who are already grossed out by it.
    Yeah, you made it worse.. much worse.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry. ER nurses know no boundaries
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That does explain. Dealt with the type for many years..

    NO limits

    Yeah, just no excited about any aspect of this. I don't like community bottles in restaurants either. I've seen kids play with them, and i'm like,, yeap, nope...
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  11. Likes Lindsey liked this post
  12. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think we have to worry about "boogers." The human body is fairly resourceful and there are only a handful of "bugs" that people can't recover from. Hopefully the containers are controlled as noted, but hopefully no one is ingesting the products either.

    I agree that there are a number of people, specifically millennials, that want eco-friendly travel and don't mind pumping their soap or shampoo from a dispenser (if they even take a shower).

    I'll tell you what drives me crazy is people who think they are owed something because they go to a Disney resort. If you don't want to go then please stay home! People stealing soap and pens? Sure, maybe a pen or a bar of soap ends up in your bag, but enough to set up shop on eBay? People that leave their trash because, "It's Disney and they'll clean it up."

    What is most disturbing is, whether intentional or not, people who a destructive on Disney's dime. Again, I don't if people think they do it because they think Disney overcharges or if it is just to test the limits. However if you wouldn't do it at your own home (jumping, climbing, pulling, picking) then why would you do it at Disney?
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT,
    08/18 AKL

  13. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about "boogers." The human body is fairly resourceful and there are only a handful of "bugs" that people can't recover from. Hopefully the containers are controlled as noted, but hopefully no one is ingesting the products either.

    I agree that there are a number of people, specifically millennials, that want eco-friendly travel and don't mind pumping their soap or shampoo from a dispenser (if they even take a shower).

    I'll tell you what drives me crazy is people who think they are owed something because they go to a Disney resort. If you don't want to go then please stay home! People stealing soap and pens? Sure, maybe a pen or a bar of soap ends up in your bag, but enough to set up shop on eBay? People that leave their trash because, "It's Disney and they'll clean it up."

    What is most disturbing is, whether intentional or not, people who a destructive on Disney's dime. Again, I don't if people think they do it because they think Disney overcharges or if it is just to test the limits. However if you wouldn't do it at your own home (jumping, climbing, pulling, picking) then why would you do it at Disney?
    What do you mean by, leaving trash?

    As far as tearing up the place. I agree. I see people trying to break off stuff, tear up landscaping, etc.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  14. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I don't think we have to worry about "boogers." The human body is fairly resourceful and there are only a handful of "bugs" that people can't recover from. Hopefully the containers are controlled as noted, but hopefully no one is ingesting the products either.
    Yes, the human body is very resourceful. That doesn't mean I want somebody else's bodily functions on my body. You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

    You would be surprised at what people think is ok and do at their own home. Maybe I'm jaded from my job, but I don't think the "if you don't do it at home" test really works for a large portion of the population. While I was an EMT and also as an ER nurse, there are a lot of days I wished I could just bathe in a giant tub of bleach, and it wasn't because of blood.
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

  15. #33
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If a person is truly freaked out by other peoples' germs, bodily fluids, etc., then they wouldn't ever be staying at any hotel anywhere, individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner or lotion notwithstanding.
    Even worse than a hotel room however is a theme park. The handrails in line queues, the seats on the attractions, (not to mention rest rooms and water fountains); they contain thousands of peoples sweat, snot and who knows what else (well we know what else, but there's no need to mention those). At least in hotel rooms there is a pretense of cleaning between you and the last guests to use the room.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

  16. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    If a person is truly freaked out by other peoples' germs, bodily fluids, etc., then they wouldn't ever be staying at any hotel anywhere, individual bottles of shampoo, conditioner or lotion notwithstanding.
    Even worse than a hotel room however is a theme park. The handrails in line queues, the seats on the attractions, (not to mention rest rooms and water fountains); they contain thousands of peoples sweat, snot and who knows what else (well we know what else, but there's no need to mention those). At least in hotel rooms there is a pretense of cleaning between you and the last guests to use the room.
    If you are referring to OCD people who are afraid of germs, yes they don't tend to go places. Some people on here have already stated they don't feel comfortable with it. They will just find other alternatives to staying in the hotels that are switching to the dispensers. There's hand sanitizers, wipes, etc that they can use in the parks.

    As I said before, everyone has their own thing that bothers them. Apparently for some people, it is the fact that other people don't want to use a large dispenser instead of individual bottles.
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

  17. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    What do you mean by, leaving trash?
    Haven't you ever seen someone at WDW drop trash just because they know CMs are required to pick it up. Sure, the same is true at movie theaters, the mall, where ever, that their employees will pick up trash and messes. It's just a feeling instead of a proven fact, but I just feel like people take advantage of the situation because it is Disney. "I paid $100+ for this park ticket? Let someone else clean up my trash then!"
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT,
    08/18 AKL

  18. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Haven't you ever seen someone at WDW drop trash just because they know CMs are required to pick it up. Sure, the same is true at movie theaters, the mall, where ever, that their employees will pick up trash and messes. It's just a feeling instead of a proven fact, but I just feel like people take advantage of the situation because it is Disney. "I paid $100+ for this park ticket? Let someone else clean up my trash then!"

    I guess I hadn't noticed. I thought maybe you meant in the rooms, etc, and I was looking for clarification.

    As far as trash in the parks. In the food court, eating areas, certainly. But I don't think much of that as it seems on par with any other public eating place (people leaving trays, kids being animals w/ food on the floor, etc) such as the ballpark, Burger King, mall food court, etc. I'm not saying you are wrong, I haven't seen it. But totally believe you are right.

    But outside the area, no. But again, not surprising. People leave their.... strollers, all over the place. Stand wherever they want. I have noticed in the bathrooms, folks get crazy. I don't know if they are unaccustomed to indoor plumbing or what.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site