Quantcast Get me excited for Bay Lake Tower!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get me excited for Bay Lake Tower!

Last Mardi Gras we stayed at the Poly and had a wonderful time. For next Mardi Gras we are currently booked at BLT, with Wilderness Lodge's Copper Creek wait listed. For some reason, and I don't know why, I just can't get super excited about Bay Lake.

We have stayed at WL plenty of times and its our favorite resort on property, but its been a few years since we've stayed there. I am just not sure if our wait list will come through.

BLT would be a new resort for us. We've only stayed at Contemporary once, and only for one night. We were completely taken by surprise by how much we enjoyed our time staying at Contemporary. Which is why I don't know why I can't get excited for BLT. I just keep thinking I'll be wishing we were at the Poly or disappointed that we didn't get our WL wait list.

Sorry so long. Just hoping some BLT fans can get me excited about staying there.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The walk to the MK!

4. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The views from the elevator lobbies, Top of the World Lounge (yummy drinks and amazing views), the walk to Magic Kingdom. Easy access to Contemp Cafe and some of the best resort shops on property. We own at BLT and it is one of our favorites!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

6. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a terrific resort!! It's so easy to get to and from the Magic Kingdom; you have the monorail to get to the other resorts; and you have great views regardless of where you stay in the building!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

8. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're at Disney!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed a few nights at BLT a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The views are incredible. I loved being able to walk to MK, or hop on the monorail. We could see fireworks from our room, and from the bridge connecting BLT and CR. It really was a magical stay. We loved eating brunch at The Wave, and did I mention the views!! I would stay there in a heartbeat. I love WL and AKL, but sometimes I think its good to mix it up and try something new. The studio we stayed in felt very modern and luxe- the kitchenette was amazing, and the bathroom was great. I would be super excited to stay again!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

11. Thanks buzznwoodysmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that it is very different from the Wilderness Lodge. If you end up in BLT, I'd try to include some monorail resort hopping into my non park time. You could have an awesome dinner every night and not leave the MK area!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything that is close to the Contemporary that you have always wanted to try? Maybe parasailing? Rent a boat? wake boarding? Tennis? Volleyball?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the fishing excursion!!!! It is a ton of fun. We did it twice on our last trip.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Is there anything that is close to the Contemporary that you have always wanted to try? Maybe parasailing? Rent a boat? wake boarding? Tennis? Volleyball?
    Being that we were just at the Poly for a week this year, as well as our many trips over the years, there isn't really anything in the area that we have a great interest in, as far as new activities. We've done most of those things listed.

I did make dining reservations today and I included brunch at California Grill. So that's something new for us, and located at Contemporary.

I am sure we will have a wonderful time regardless of which resort we end up at. Some of your posts definitely made me more excited about trying BLT. Thanks so much!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

The California Grill is my favorite restaurant on property. It's sooo good! Plus it has great views.

We stayed in BLT a few years ago for our Anniversary. We got a MK View, got home early one evening, and went to sit on the balcony. We turned the TV on to the right channel for the audio, and watched Wishes from our room. It was super cool. Plus, being able to walk to the MK is awesome. Since it's the hardest park to get to (if you drive your own car), being able to just walk over was fantastic.

We loved it.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BLT a few years ago. The view from the Top of the World Lounge is WONDERFUL!!! We went up there every evening of our trip. Sunsets are beautiful. All the watching... Watching the castle change colors. Watching the ferries carry happy passengers to and from MK. Watching the lights twinkle and come to life as the sun goes down on MK. Watching the fireworks! Watching the monorail wiz around with happy families on board. Looking out across the lake and seeing the Poly and the GF. It is really beautiful! AND...you can walk to MK!
    All of this and your beloved WL is just a boat ride away! Try something different for a change. You might find a new resort for your favorite list!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Have never stayed at BLT, so nothing 1st hand to offer, but seems like some excellent points have been made here... proximity to MK and the Contemporary's monorail, phenomenal views, and convenient access to Top of the World.

That said, I think I understand your lack of enthusiasm because of what BLT doesn't have - that same level of uniqueness you see in so many of the other WDW resorts. If you take Poly, or Wilderness Lodge, or Grand Floridian, or even the Moderate resorts OUT of WDW, they'd still be unique and interesting places to stay. Take BLT out of WDW, and IMHO it seems like just another high-end, high-rise hotel.

I'd like to be convinced otherwise, because there are some features that would make it very attractive as a DVC home resort: long remaining contract, low annual dues, good-sized rooms, and of course that proximity to MK and the monorail.
    '76: Contemporary, 16 yr old w/parents
    '96: offsite, WDW's 25th B'day
    '01: offsite, Walt's 100th
    '14: SSR
    '16: Royal Pacific (Universal)
    '17: BWV (Food & Wine)
    '18: BW Inn (Engagement Party)
    '19: BWV(Food & Wine)
    '21: SSR (1st time as Grandparents)

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Mouse, I think you could be right! I've always said BLT sort of reminds me of either a high rise apartment complex or a hospital! Lol
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

BLT does seem vanilla but you can't beat the location and the views! We will have stayed there three times in four years and would definitely stay again!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't stayed at BLT, but have at Swan/Dolphin, and sometimes vanilla is nice. Nice to cleanse the pallet so to speak.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying there for the first time for Icot20. We stayed at the Contemporary for Icot15 had loved it so I'm hoping we will love BLT too. Being able to walk to MK should be awesome. From the sounds of it, we should check out Top of the World lounge. A question though...we are NOT DVC members (we are renting points) but since we are staying there, we would be allowed into the lounge right?

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    We are staying there for the first time for Icot20. We stayed at the Contemporary for Icot15 had loved it so I'm hoping we will love BLT too. Being able to walk to MK should be awesome. From the sounds of it, we should check out Top of the World lounge. A question though...we are NOT DVC members (we are renting points) but since we are staying there, we would be allowed into the lounge right?
    Not necessarily. The rule is "members only", some renters claim to have been let up and others turned away. I think it depends on who is working the desk, one gentleman asks for a DVC card to enter on one only scans the band. Last week they scanned my son's band and let us up and he is not the member (DH & I are) but was staying on points.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

24. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always been told it just depends on who is working the desk when going to Top of the World Lounge. Technically I believe it's supposed to be for members only so in a way I feel like I shouldn't even try to enter since I am staying on points rented from a DVC friend. I'd like to go there just once to see the view. I guess I'll see if I am brave enough to try when we are there. Although I don't like trying to sneak into something I know really isn't for me, so maybe I'll pass. LOL.
    Denise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: