Quantcast Jungle Cruise Redesign

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jungle Cruise Redesign

I read that the JC will be overhauled at some point to match the Rock's new movie, also coming out next year. Another classic ride down the toilet. Disney is turning into another Universal Park, "Ride the Movies."
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

2. Likes Mendelson liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'd better go see the back side of water one last time.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen these rumors too, the movie looks like it is a go but from what I see at this point Disney Imagineering still denies there are any plans to make any changes to the jungle Cruise ride itself.

I can definitely see them making changes in the future by putting additional animatronics or figures in the ride to reflect the movie if it is successful just like POTC.

I just hope if they do decide to make changes they are minor changes and do not change the whole storyline of this classic ride or the corney puns and jokes of the "captains" dialogue.

JC and POTC are both must do's on all of our trips just for the nostalgia. I like riding the rides with my children that I recall riding with my parents on our visit as a child.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I read that the JC will be overhauled at some point to match the Rock's new movie, also coming out next year. Another classic ride down the toilet. Disney is turning into another Universal Park, "Ride the Movies."
    So, you don't know if, when or how the ride might be changed, but you are slamming it already? C'mon!! At least wait until something has been fleshed out.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

7. Likes Isabella, baldburke, DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There were a bunch of articles on this end of April/beg of May but nothing concrete. Most just said The Rock and his ex-wife met with imagineers, Disney's response in the Orlando Sentinel was that they have no plans in the works to change the ride. For other articles you can just google The Rock redesigns jungle cruise.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    So, you don't know if, when or how the ride might be changed, but you are slamming it already? C'mon!! At least wait until something has been fleshed out.
    Some rides, I don't need to. If they want to change Swiss (needs to), Space Mountain, Monsters Inc, etc. Sure, I'm open to the changes.

POTC, JC, Tiki, Peter Pan, and Wedway. Hands off. Its already too late for POTC (I would have preferred a 2nd Pirates the movie ride).
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Dince I don't even know who this "Rock" person is, but I do remember looking at Jungle Cruise scenes through my View master when I was a child, my opinion's pretty obvious. Yup, I too will be going to see the current JC one last time. Anyone know when it might close?

11. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is still pretty early in the rumor mill, but with a new JC movie coming out next year, sure it'll follow. Unless they bankrupt themselves on Star Wars
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

It is still pretty early in the rumor mill, but with a new JC movie coming out next year, sure it'll follow. Unless they bankrupt themselves on Star Wars
    Wow! Not to be judgy but that sounds like a little bit of a leap. Last time I looked Disney's financials were fairly solid.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

14. Likes Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    Dince I don't even know who this "Rock" person is, but I do remember looking at Jungle Cruise scenes through my View master when I was a child, my opinion's pretty obvious. Yup, I too will be going to see the current JC one last time. Anyone know when it might close?
    Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a former wrestler turned actor. His movie resume goes back as far as 2002 with movie that include: The Fast & The Furious franchise, Disney's Moana Maui, the upcoming Jumanji remake and recently Baywatch and Central Intelligence.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to judge just yet. Maybe the movie will be like the actual ride. POTC didn't change that much after it's movie franchise.
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I don't want to judge just yet. Maybe the movie will be like the actual ride. POTC didn't change that much after it's movie franchise.
    Yeah, I still didn't like those changes. Some rides to me shouldn't be touched, unless to improve the qualities of the existing content (newer speakers, newer animatronics, etc).

Financials are okay, but any huge capex can sway how good they are in appearance to the board. Besides, only takes 1 scandal to change that. But, I was only joking about that. They are spending a lot of money on Star Wars, but that is a money maker. You throw anything out w/ SW on it, and people eat it up. Case in point, Force Awakens. BLAH
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I still didn't like those changes. Some rides to me shouldn't be touched, unless to improve the qualities of the existing content (newer speakers, newer animatronics, etc).

Financials are okay, but any huge capex can sway how good they are in appearance to the board. Besides, only takes 1 scandal to change that. But, I was only joking about that. They are spending a lot of money on Star Wars, but that is a money maker. You throw anything out w/ SW on it, and people eat it up. Case in point, Force Awakens. BLAH
    FTA was just for the newbies to get their feet wet and a sentimental revisit. Rogue One was awesome! I'm looking forward to a much darker TLJ, ala ESB. Can't wait!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

FTA was just for the newbies to get their feet wet and a sentimental revisit. Rogue One was awesome! I'm looking forward to a much darker TLJ, ala ESB. Can't wait!
    Just when you thought you had learned all the acronyms on intercot
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

20. Likes texas211, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Bingo!!!!

Remember when they added Eddie Murphy into Haunted Mansion when that movie came out???

EXACTLY!!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

22. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In general, I'm not too keen on any changes to my sentimental favorites. The Jungle Cruise is one of these. But...I'll remain open until I've actually seen these changes. Actually, I had no idea that they were making a live action movie based on the ride. I think I'm more upset about this than I am about the potential ride updates. Not a huge fan of The Rock. The ads for his silly football show on HBO really cut into my enjoyment of The Game of Thrones.

That said, I DID love Moana.
    Nice work, pal.

24. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Just when you thought you had learned all the acronyms on intercot
    Haha! The Last Jedi and Empire Strikes Back. Now it used to be that you could refer to ESB as just Empire and Return of the Jedi as just Jedi, but I guess that will change with TLJ?
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Not to be judgy but that sounds like a little bit of a leap. Last time I looked Disney's financials were fairly solid.
    Disney is one of the few companies which can withstand a terrible money losing decision or two...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Disney is one of the few companies which can withstand a terrible money losing decision or two...
    Yeah, the "not so" Good Dinosaur
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm going get blasted for saying this but oh what the heck ...

I rode the Jungle Cruise when we were down in May and I gotta say I came away like, "Wow. That ride has really turned into a stinker." This is one of many rides that counted heavily on two elements; a clear, solid story and a great guide. With the mega decline in the quality of cast over the last two decades and the odd muddling of the story that's occurred to please ... someone ... I'm not exactly sure who ... the ride has become really badly disjointed, corny, and oddly annoying. All I wanted to do was get off the boat. Our guide was nearly inaudible and what I did hear was delivered in a horrid monotone voice that lacked even the slightest bit of enthusiasm or "selling" of the story (what little there is left).

And then like I noticed that for some reason I fail to understand there's no longer a bunch of rhinos around the guys on the totem pole? It's turned into a bunch of hyenas standing under them laughing. Which, of course, makes absolutely no sense since they seem to be laughing at them for being stuck on a pole but they're only stuck on a pole because of what? Hyenas? Meh.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: