Quantcast Adding days to an old ticket

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adding days to an old ticket

I still have three unactivated tickets from a trip in 2011, which I will upgrade to 6-day tickets in early March. Things have changed so much, I have to ask: Is it still the best value to use the ticket once before adding days? I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost to add the extra four days. Do I just get credit for 2011 prices? I'm not sure what I paid back then.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Whether you use it or not no longer makes a difference. When they started adding expiration dates earlier this year they now know if your ticket was issued before or after the increase. IMO it seems too complicated for a less than stellar IT department that they would be able to know exactly when your ticket was purchased but who knows. You can check here for what you paid in 2011. My thought leans toward them just crediting you with the pre increase price, hopefully someone will come along and confirm that.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 07-29-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Unless someone has found a recent loop hole, I can confirm that using the ticket first no longer matters. They indeed only credit you what you originally paid for the ticket.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I have dealt with a lot of ticket problems over the past few trips since they started the My (bad) Disney Experience app and everything that came along. Their system pretty much keeps up with when you bought the ticket and what dates, time and parks the tickets have been used. I say pretty much because their system is about as good as the app so it isn't necessarily correct but they will try to convince you it is correct.

Whether or not you have used the ticket no longer matters. You only get credit for what you paid for the ticket. You are better off just buying a new ticket with the entire amount of days you need now and saving the 2011 ticket for a later trip when you need less days. Otherwise, you are going to lose the cost savings of having bought the 2011 ticket prior to who knows how many price increases at this point, probably at least 8 or 10 increases I would guess.

Now here is the important part, DO NOT link the old tickets to your MDE account until you are about to use them. If you do, you will have to make sure your tickets are prioritized correctly if you have multiple tickets on your account. There is no way for you to see how they are prioritized or prioritize them yourself on the app nor online, you have to go to guest services. I know this because mine keep getting messed up and use the wrong tickets and I got a lecture from a guest services supervisor about how it is my responsibility to ensure they are prioritize correctly (even though I can't see it and it was one of their guest services employees that keep messing them up. lol)

I have found that it is important that you get a knowledgeable guest services member when dealing with ticket problems, because they can really mess them up resulting in you spending a lot of time trying to get it straightened out. It seems to me, they have created a system that is so incredibly disorganized and complex, they cannot keep it straight.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with "1 Disney Nut" - If you have non-expired tickets, better to save them for when you are ready to use them and purchase new tickets. MDE is a pain to prioritize your tickets, I had the same experience, had purchase new 5 day ticket, had 1 day OLD non-expired link, linked that new to MDE and the very first day, I "used" that hopper, never expired ticket, therefore on the 5th day I had 1 day left of a NON hopper ticket left and it was to EXPIRE within the 14 days of first use, which per them was my 2nd day of 5 days. Sad, I agree MDE is not user friendly, besides who even knew that this is the way the application worked. I did, but I did have a cast member who corrected right away.

Post Thanks / Like

We live to far away to justify a 2-day trip, so I am still thinking of upgrading them. At least I won't have to shell out the full amount.

I can't add them to MDE right now. I tried. They are "too old", according to Disney. But, I know from having talked to ticketing, they are still good. I just have to activate them at the park.

I thought maybe using them to get into the park would lock in the gate price. Guess that's changed. Well, they're still worth something! Trying to save money where I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Update on adding the tickets to MDE---

I couldn't type in the numbers and add them. I called Disney and the CM said I would have to wait until I got there. Wrong.

I added MDE to my phone and scanned the tickets. They were added to my account, no problem.

I will add days when I get there. At least now I can book two days of FP+. Rope drop for the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's Mom View Post
    Update on adding the tickets to MDE---

I couldn't type in the numbers and add them. I called Disney and the CM said I would have to wait until I got there. Wrong.

I added MDE to my phone and scanned the tickets. They were added to my account, no problem.

I will add days when I get there. At least now I can book two days of FP+. Rope drop for the rest.
    Glad you were able to add them, good to know about the scanning option.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

I had purchased a buy 4/get 3 for DS prior to the increase and had fully expected to pay the increase to an AP based on the current pricing. He used the ticket our first night at MK, we upgraded to an AP the next morning at AK. Well the CM bridged the ticket and it only cost $57 to upgrade, he said since I purchased before the increase $75 was on Mickey, maybe a fluke but I was happy for the sprinkling of pixie dust.
    - Lynn -

11. Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    UPDATE

I had purchased a buy 4/get 3 for DS prior to the increase and had fully expected to pay the increase to an AP based on the current pricing. He used the ticket our first night at MK, we upgraded to an AP the next morning at AK. Well the CM bridged the ticket and it only cost $57 to upgrade, he said since I purchased before the increase $75 was on Mickey, maybe a fluke but I was happy for the sprinkling of pixie dust.
    Hope it works that way for me this November. I purchased the same ticket you did, or at least a similar ticket, right before the price change. Looking to convert it to an AP (my first) either after the first use or at the end of my stay. What day does the AP begin -- first use of original ticket or date of conversion? It doesn't make that big of a deal, but I am interested nonetheless.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    What day does the AP begin -- first use of original ticket or date of conversion? It doesn't make that big of a deal, but I am interested nonetheless.
    Day of first use of the original ticket, or activation of the AP after conversion - whichever is earliest.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

14. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went one time with a 20 year old ticket (the kind that used to be stamped). The cast member looked at me in amazement that I kept it so long (and didn't know what to do) and let me in and told me to keep the ticket for next time I come back 😂

16. Likes VWL Mom, magicofdisney liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: