Quantcast MNSSHP questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP questions

We are traveling to SSR Sun 9/10 - Sun 9/17. This trip is a bit different from our normal trips. Our twins will be turning 20 during our trip on 9/13, I only booked this 55 days out when all other trips have been booked 6 months +, Both kids are employed full time now and will not be coming down until late Tues night 9/12, giving DW and Myself our first ever alone time in the world (Food and Wine Strolling), and the kids will only have 4 full days due to travel, normally 7+ days and sometimes add in a couple onsite Universal nights.

I am thinking our travel week is a good one crowd wise and with EMH and getting to parks at rope drop we should have no problem getting to see what we want to see.

I am also kicking around the idea of getting tickets to MNSSHP for more park time together. I am just wondering if this is geared more towards younger kids?

Those that have gone without small children, do you feel it was worth the price of the additional tickets, are the crowds or experiences equivalent to EMH which occurs just the night before on our trip, are they relatively low or is it a zoo?

My goal is to simply make up for the lost days with the kids and thought a late night at MK might be the way to go.

Will this event sell out or can I still get tickets if we decide to go after we check in?

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am still my parents "child" (living at home but 22) and when I was 20 we went. I still greatly enjoy it, because it's different. Characters are out that are not usually out, there are new experiences, etc. However, as a complete disclaimer, it can be very, very crowded and it is a hobby for people to stake their spot for the parade like it's their job. So if you want to enjoy the park but also see the parade without having to sit and wait for a long amount of time to see the parade, good luck. I think it's totally worth it, but it can be a pain dealing with the crowds who must hold their spots (which is most of them).
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

My DD is 23 and went twice last year! She loved it. Character meet n greets with characters you do not normally see, trick or treating down main street, the parade(you can get a place to watch back by Splash Mountain and it is not as crowded) and the fireworks. She stayed from the 4pm park entry to the very end. So worth the money in her eyes and mine too. It should not sell out as it is still early. Usually the party does not sell out until closer to Halloween

Post Thanks / Like

I do it with all adults. We have a blast. It can be crowded, but the herd definitely thins out as it gets later, especially after the fireworks/parade.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

In September, you should still be able to get tickets the day of.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We love MNSSHP and I think it is probably more bang for your buck with older kids. Lots of families with young children leave after the first parade and crowd levels later in the evening start to thin out making it easy to do a lot of things without much wait. We see plenty of adults dressed up and I think dressing up adds to the fun.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

MNSSHP is great! Low ride times, the best fireworks we've ever seen (even better than Christmas IMHO), the late parade is much less busy, fun trick or treating and great character interaction! We have been with only adults for many visits and have loved it every time.

Another thought is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights if you have never been before. The haunted houses are so detailed to the point that some people are very scared. We are good because it is a constant stream of people and there's always one laughing- which breaks the ice!! The Bill & Ted's show is hilarious with it's takes on pop culture and current events over the past year.

Happy Birthday to your twins on the 13th! I will be in WDW for my 40th on the 14th!! Have fun celebrating!!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package? I have been seeing this a lot in my research. Not something for our trip this time, but it does sound interesting.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ssert-package/
    It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedmansiongirl View Post
    MNSSHP is great! Low ride times, the best fireworks we've ever seen (even better than Christmas IMHO), the late parade is much less busy, fun trick or treating and great character interaction! We have been with only adults for many visits and have loved it every time.

Another thought is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights if you have never been before. The haunted houses are so detailed to the point that some people are very scared. We are good because it is a constant stream of people and there's always one laughing- which breaks the ice!! The Bill & Ted's show is hilarious with it's takes on pop culture and current events over the past year.

Happy Birthday to your twins on the 13th! I will be in WDW for my 40th on the 14th!! Have fun celebrating!!

Do you think this would be good to take my oldest DS and his gf? I was ruling it out, because she couldn't fit into the rides at Universal in California. Is there a size restriction on the things you do at the Halloween Horror Nights?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: