Quantcast D23 Announcements UPDATED - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I am a little surprised they are going ahead and closing GMR before at least something else is open over at the Studios-talk about not much going on over there right now. Dead zone.
    I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. When I get there after Thanksgiving, there won't be enough in this park to last half a day. I may only go one afternoon/evening to try to get in a showing of Fantasmic!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. When I get there after Thanksgiving, there won't be enough in this park to last half a day. I may only go one afternoon/evening to try to get in a showing of Fantasmic!
    I was planning my Sept FP this weekend and I think we'll just hit it right at 9am one day and ride RnRc, FP ToT, TS and STours and leave. 2-3 hrs tops.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I also have great nostalgia for the old Dark Rides and miss most of the classics that are now no more, I am still pretty excited to see so much being planned right now. As a kid back in the early 80's going to Epcot was like going to a giant Science Camp and I loved it, couldn't get enough! I can see how some are strongly opposed to the recent changes and introducing more movie themed attractions to their old Epcot Center

I definitely agree with what everyone is saying about the GMR going down before more attractions are up and running at DHS. We are going in Sept and I would have loved to ride it one or two more times before it was closed. I have very fond memories of riding GMR on a big family trip back in 2004. It was with my sister, her husband, my 3 nephews, my wife, our two small children, my mom and my stepdad. I just always recalled how much my stepdad enjoyed that attraction. My Stepdad passed away a few years later so I couldn't help but think of him every time would ride GMR since. Sadly a couple years ago we suddenly lost my Mom, and my sister just passed unexpectedly last year at 49 y/o. It would have been nice to take 1 last ride just to remember a truly great trip one more time.

With mixed feelings of course I did like the idea of Mickey getting his own ride. It sounds to me like its going to be a slow moving ride through various cartoon scenes with flipping and changing multi level screens to give an effect similar to 3D. This all sounded good until I saw that they are going to use the new shorts animation instead of the classic Mickey and Minnie style Animation. I know this new animation is popular with little kids right now, I am just not familiar with it as my kids are now 19. I really hope they find a way to still throw some classic Mickey in as well.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

5. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    This all sounded good until I saw that they are going to use the new shorts animation instead of the classic Mickey and Minnie style Animation. I know this new animation is popular with little kids right now, I am just not familiar with it as my kids are now 19. I really hope they find a way to still throw some classic Mickey in as well.
    I will say my 3 year old LOVES the new short animations. He watched this channel nonstop when we were on our trip last month and has continued his love affair with it at home. My husband is also a pretty big fan now.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all - I am excited about the new live theater. I read it will be "located just behind Main Street and will be accessed via the new walkway between The Plaza Restaurant and the Tomorrowland Terrace. This new theater will be similar in style to the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure."

What a great addition to MK! Can't wait!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Y'all - I am excited about the new live theater. I read it will be "located just behind Main Street and will be accessed via the new walkway between The Plaza Restaurant and the Tomorrowland Terrace. This new theater will be similar in style to the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure."

What a great addition to MK! Can't wait!
    Yes it will be off the bypass...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Overall, I am generally excited about these changes! Everything at WDW is susceptible to change and I look forward to new family favorites.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

This household is pretty excited about the new announcements. My only complaint is that I wish they could have provided projected years for these things to open.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    This household is pretty excited about the new announcements. My only complaint is that I wish they could have provided projected years for these things to open.
    Mickey ride by 2020.... Tron coaster by 2021... Ratatouille by 2020 i believe... not sure about guardians.. may be 2021...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Lots of exciting stuff but I am bummed the Brazil rumor didn't pan out.
    Brazil rumor? For a park?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Last day for UoE is also supposed to be August 13...

That's quick!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I guess that gives us reason to tune in to next year's D23? This slate will be hard to top in the next couple years!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

So who's got the momentum now? This will be tough for Universal to top! Now if only we could get FP+ 2.0 (or is it 3.0?).
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Brazil rumor? For a park?
    Brazil is due to become a new country in World Showcase... Was going to be announced at D23 but was cut for an unknown reason...

18. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So who's got the momentum now? This will be tough for Universal to top! Now if only we could get FP+ 2.0 (or is it 3.0?).
    Won't be tough for Universal to top... They just need to sit back and let Disney win this round... Universal will have announcements coming... Some good stuff too, unlike, say that Jimmy Fallon garbage....

And really, they don't need to top it... Universal has a lot of great stuff in the pipeline that will draw people and make the theme park experience even better...

We, the consumer, win.... that's all that matters!!!!

20. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jk Rowling, that's a pass to print money for 10 more years or longer. The new Rowling movie was great, others will follow. Universal has a deep stable. Jurassic Park franchise as it continues. Who knows, might get back in bed w/ Star Trek.

As for Brazil.. great...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that gives us reason to tune in to next year's D23? This slate will be hard to top in the next couple years!
    Next D23 will be 2019. It's every other year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

23. Likes DizneyFreak2002, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhh my. I'm really excited about these announcements! Especially the Epcot additions. I can't wait!
    Nice work, pal.

25. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Imagine the waste that is for people that don't have park hopping on their tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Sounds like I need to at least try to watch Tron, Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    The problem is, I can't excited about that. Maybe that's where "too old" comes in. None of those movies interest me in the least. Oh, well, looking forward to the Pandora rides.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: