Quantcast D23 Announcements UPDATED - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How about "Disney's Islands of Adventure?"
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I don't know why, but I thought they would announce the new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios at this event. Is the name still changing?
    As far as I know, yes... Could be they are waiting until the remake of the park is done and christen the park with its new name...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

4. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know they didnt go into any detail about Guardians but as i understand the ride tech will be similar to Gringotts...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Last day for UoE is also supposed to be August 13...

Post Thanks / Like

We love the plans that have come out for the Mickey ride. Our son (3) adored those cartoons. We could barely get him to turn the classic Mickey channel off on our last trip.

8. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No news on the Imagination Pavillion or Wonders of Life or Inoventions?

10. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little surprised at some of the naysayers honestly. The France update and addition of Mickey ride are not thrill rides. The update to Mission Space (which may actually warrant me riding again) and restaurant along with he theater at Magic Kingdom sounds like a great addition! And the new transportation updates along with the Star Wars hotel sound like they will be very much needed for the updates to Hollywood Studios. For Disney World at least I think things were more balanced to the not thrill ride side.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see Mulan as host in China! She's the favorite "Princess" in this house. Her and Mushu don't get nearly enough love in the parks!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

13. Likes texas211, Lindsey, heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    I'm a little surprised at some of the naysayers honestly. The France update and addition of Mickey ride are not thrill rides. The update to Mission Space (which may actually warrant me riding again) and restaurant along with he theater at Magic Kingdom sounds like a great addition! And the new transportation updates along with the Star Wars hotel sound like they will be very much needed for the updates to Hollywood Studios. For Disney World at least I think things were more balanced to the not thrill ride side.
    I think there are tings to be excited about, France (let's face it, that is currently just a napping space), MI (eh, okay, but it sounds like we'll get a new flavor of this in Star Wars land).

However, I think many of us see the parks not just changing attractions, but fundamentally changing. B/c of this, and seeing this news, along with other changes, we are really looking at several Non WDW trips. Again though, I don't think any thinks everything is just horrible, but a lot of what is going on is the fundamental nature of the parks is changing which to me, limits how often I'll come back. Perhaps their numbers show, focus on getting more 1x or 2x visits, and don't really need to worry about the multi-repeat folks. I don't know.

I also think part of it is, those of us that are adults, (not the adults of the future) don't really accept a lot of these concepts (Guardians, Galaxy, etc) to be associated with Disney so to me the parks are less and less Disney to me (perhaps still Disney quality) but just not that nostalgic connection. By that, as kids we went to Universal, but as an adult I don't have that nostalgic connection, and okay with visiting Universal from time to time. Disney has connections though. Growing up w/ iconic rides like POTC, Thunder Mountain, or the ideas of EPCOT, then I want more of that. That craving, is what drives me back. I'm not saying there can't be change. I love 7 dwarfs, TSM, TT, etc. However, I don't want to fundamentally change my experience. Avatar land holds zero appeal. I'm sure it is well done, but Avatar the concept, does not connect me to a Disney World experience in my mind.

So I see these changes as often cool. However, as a larger farewell to the Disney that I associate with as being WDW.

Ok, enough ranting guys. Sorry. But, Ratatouille. Love it. The move, not the dish.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I am thrilled with all of this news! I'm especially excited for Tron because it will add some more pizzazz to Tomorrowland. Think how beautiful that will look at nighttime!! And for those people who were sad from the rumors that the Speedway might be going away, they will be pleasantly surprised to learn that's NOT the case. The Tron ride will be in a whole new section of the land. I've got goosebumps!!

If I may say though, I am sad that they are changing Ellen's Energy Adventure into Guardians. While I think the Guardians ride will be great, and while I think Ellen's Energy Adventure desperately needs updating, I'm just sad that Future World isn't so future-y (word?!) anymore. How does Guardians of the Galaxy fit in there? I thought they were going to bring back the "greatness" of Epcot, but, um, is that happening? Mission:Space at least is "science-y". Lol! And the TS restaurant they are going to build next to Mission:Space seems more relevant than dropping Guardians in Future World.

All the rest of the announcements are fantastic. The Star Wars hotel sounds like a zillion dollar idea. I think they just invented a money tree because people will pay through the nose to stay there.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the era of the imaginative dark ride is completely over. That's very sad to me. I have nothing against any of these announcements (well, I'm a little bummed about The Great Movie Ride), but it just seems like roller coasters and simulators for everyone!!! Yeah...yawn. I'm sorry but I just feel that even the best themed coaster is still just a coaster, and a simulator is a copout. I'm just old school (read "old and grumpy") I guess. Oh well, I'm not their target demographic, I'm sure. (although I have taken all the kids and grandkids to WDW, so I DO spend a fair amount of coin there.) Oh well...

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

17. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    I guess the era of the imaginative dark ride is completely over. That's very sad to me. I have nothing against any of these announcements (well, I'm a little bummed about The Great Movie Ride), but it just seems like roller coasters and simulators for everyone!!! Yeah...yawn. I'm sorry but I just feel that even the best themed coaster is still just a coaster, and a simulator is a copout. I'm just old school (read "old and grumpy") I guess. Oh well, I'm not their target demographic, I'm sure. (although I have taken all the kids and grandkids to WDW, so I DO spend a fair amount of coin there.) Oh well...
    The Mickey Ride will be a dark ride. No simulators.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The Mickey Ride will be a dark ride. No simulators.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I hope so, but the name sounds a lot like a coaster to me. Hopefully not...

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get the impression it was a coaster, but a more slow moving ride system with screens, but not screens? The description was rather vague.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

It is not a coaster... it is supposed to be a trackless system...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fusillejerry View Post
    I didn't get the impression it was a coaster, but a more slow moving ride system with screens, but not screens? The description was rather vague.
    Supposed to be combo of screens and sets... SUPPOSED to be...

Post Thanks / Like

No coaster= good.
    Screens= ick... but maybe ok...
    Have to wait and see!

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Had to jump in here and make a couple comments.

It's great to have new and exciting things coming. I mean don't get me wrong the very nostalgic Disney little in me will miss UoE and even GMR but last trip I rode UoE knowing it was probably the last time. Mammals are getting hairier...

I like how well rounded all of these announcements seemed to me. Ride news, hotel news, restaurant news, transportation news. It's like one big shot in the arm for WDW even if it is a few years away.

I am a little surprised they are going ahead and closing GMR before at least something else is open over at the Studios-talk about not much going on over there right now. Dead zone.

Sounds like I need to at least try to watch Tron, Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    I would love to see Mulan as host in China! She's the favorite "Princess" in this house. Her and Mushu don't get nearly enough love in the parks!
    That an add chairs to the theater.. Who wants to stand for any movies..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

26. Likes Snow's Mom, heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons I choose Disney over Universal is because of the ability for us to go on 90% of the rides as a family. Wasn't that Walt's vision to begin with? I like the iconic rides and so does my family. That is what makes Disney for me.

I love the idea of the addition of Star Wars Land. Being the mother of two boys and two girls I am excited that Disney finally brought something on board that will appeal to my boys. However, I miss the original MgM/Hollywood. When it first opened it was my favorite park. I loved the original backstage tour. (Remember the giant bees in front of the blue screen) I miss the Monster Sound Show. Now it seems like they are trying to compete with IoA. In my mind GMR was "the" ride that represented MGM/Hollywood.Now that the GMR is closing I am struggling to decide what to do with the little ones when everyone else is on Rock and Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, etc. I guess there are some shows that they can watch. However, for now there is only ONE ride for shorter guests. I feel like they should have kept the GMR open until Pixar was completed. I don't understand the need to close yet another attraction until they open something new.

I understand that Epcot is supposed to evolve. However, instead of that they are just marketing their newly acquired "merchandise". Marvel at Epcot, really? I loved that Epcot had it's own unique characters. I love Frozen, but it belongs at the Magic Kingdom, not Epcot. IMHO Epcot went downhill as soon as they changed the original Figment ride. I think that the new dark ride in France seems fun. but that's because there wasn't really an attraction there to begin with. Why does it have to be based on a movie? Why didn't they ever consider a ride that was some sort of dark ride through the streets of Paris? I think the changes in Epcot are more of a reflection in a change in the "kids today". I thought the Universe of Energy taught a great lesson about conservation and non-renewable resources. However, I guess most kids today think someone else will save the planet for them. Or perhaps there's an "app" for that? I just hope it doesn't crash once a week like My Disney Experience. I am sad that this generations of Imagineers can't come up with their own ideas.

I am so glad the Speedway is safe in Magic Kingdom. Phew! I like a lot of the updates in the MK. Love the Little Mermaid ride. I am glad that for the most park they keep the iconic attractions and add on instead of take away for the most part. I can understand the appeal of Winnie the Pooh over Mr. Toad. I do miss Snow Whites Scary Adventure but as long as they don't touch It's A Small World I think I can forgive them.

I know it sounds insane but I was so disappointed in these updates I almost regretted booking a trip. That and the hassle of trying to plan ADRs and Fastpass+ for 10 people has put me over the edge.
    I spent less time planning our shore activities for our Mediterranean Cruise. (That I booked less than 180 days out and was still able to eat a decent dinner)

I am certain that this trip to Disney will be my last for awhile. I want to see the new Star Wars land but don't plan on visiting until it has been open for at least a year. We only go every three years or so anyway but this time it may be more than three years before I go again.

Maybe this is what Disney wants? To eliminate an entire generation of fans? I know it's not just me. Is this what it's like to get old?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: