Quantcast Waving the White Flag

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waving the White Flag

Ok. I just need to vent a little. I am doing it here, because weddings are supposed to be happy occasions.

I just got the plans together for my daughter's wedding. Woke up today, and there was a text from my oldest son. He and his gf decided to get married while we are in Disney World also. /faint

I love planning trips, but this is getting to be too much. Anyone want to do some planning for me?????

On second thought, anyone want to referee between my daughter and son for me?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You poor thing, are you sure your son isn't playing a cruel April fools joke on you? As far as referee, tell your daughter it's still all about her and tell your son he's on his own. I'm sorry but IMO it's a pretty ignorant move on his part (gf must be a real prize too...not) and I would do nothing to support their plan.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 07-15-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how many more does the party increase to if getting married in WDW?
    How many months away?

And most importantly, did she order her dress from Angelos?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    You poor thing, are you sure your son isn't playing a cruel April fools joke on you? As far as referee, tell your daughter it's still all about her and tell your son he's on his own. I'm sorry but IMO it's a pretty ignorant move on his part (gf must be a real prize too...not) and I would do nothing to support their plan.
    Well, in their defense, DS and his gf were the first ones to talk about getting married there when I started planning the trip. (The trip was originally just to go back with my family, which just happened to be about the time of my granddaughter's birthday, which steam rolled into 4 birthdays and so on and so forth) Then my daughter jumped on it, and since she lives in my house, it was easy for her to run with it. The difference is that I am paying for DD's wedding, but DS and his gf had to plan out whether they had the money or not. (For the record, I'm not playing favorites. This is DS' second marriage. I paid for his first wedding, and he is paying for this one on his own.)

I can see both points of view. DS says that he and gf talked about it first. DD wants it to be about her. They will work it out. My kids are pretty good at working together. They are already talking about having the ceremony on different days and such. When they are ready to sit down and plan it, I already have a half formed idea that I think they will all like. DD wants to have her wedding on a Tuesday with rehearsal dinner at O'hana's and dinner the night of her wedding at Cinderella's Royal Table during MNSSHP. None of that will change. Then we will have a couple of days for the bday celebrations. My half formed idea is that DS' wedding can be on Friday. His gf has always wanted to go on a cruise, so they can have their ceremony and the next day head out on a Caribbean cruise or if my daughter is completely opposed to that, we all head out on a Disney cruise and have their wedding at sea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    And most importantly, did she order her dress from Angelos?
    LOL. My DD is having her wedding dress custom made. I don't know where DS' gf is going to get her dress.

I don't think the guest count will increase too much, since my family will already be there. Her side of the family isn't very big.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, in their defense, DS and his gf were the first ones to talk about getting married there when I started planning the trip. (The trip was originally just to go back with my family, which just happened to be about the time of my granddaughter's birthday, which steam rolled into 4 birthdays and so on and so forth) Then my daughter jumped on it, and since she lives in my house, it was easy for her to run with it.
    Ah, got it. So now if it's two weddings does that mean you get two weeks to relax on your own at the end?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so now i understand the issue. I think. I consulted my wife on this.

May the spirit of Walt be with you... and a good bottle of wine.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks of relaxation with texas211's bottle of wine (along with a psychiatric consult ) will probably be needed. lol

But speaking of playing practical jokes - my younger DS (who is getting married here in Arizona this December) said they changed their mind and were getting married in Disney World also. He started laughing before I fainted though.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to look at Angelo's wedding dresses just for giggles. I'm going to get married at Disney now just to wear those dresses. Now to find a man . . .

Post Thanks / Like

No, Angelos just up and closed with no warning. Brides are rioting.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I completely agree
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    No, Angelos just up and closed with no warning. Brides are rioting.
    Phew! Barely saved from certain death.

My apologies to any married people who are offended by my view of marriage.

14. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got lucky. DS and his gf only want me and her mother there. Easy peezy. We may just wind up doing the ceremony the day that everyone else flies out. Then the next morning, they will fly out to board their cruise ship.

16. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling. I'm getting married in May but both of my sister in law's are pregnant and due a month before our wedding, which will inevitably take a little time away from us on my fiancé's side. So, in a way I can understand your pain, but don't feel in the right position to offer advice!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Post Thanks / Like

That's the whole point to internet boards, to offer advise regardless if you are qualified or not.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneycutie165 View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm getting married in May but both of my sister in law's are pregnant and due a month before our wedding, which will inevitably take a little time away from us on my fiancé's side. So, in a way I can understand your pain, but don't feel in the right position to offer advice!
    I'm always open to other people's points of view. Everyone has their own life experiences, which makes them in the right position to offer advice.
    For example, it would never bother me if I was getting married and someone close to me wanted to do it also. I would think of it as a great opportunity to do something together. My DD obviously didn't feel that way. While I don't understand it, I have to respect her position and find a way to make it all work out. She kept saying "I don't want them getting married the same week I am." Therefore, we will probably do it the next week. At least I was already planning on being there for another week.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: