Quantcast Uber

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Uber

Post Thanks / Like

Default Uber

Has anyone used Uber to go to Orlando airport? Our flight out is so early in the morning, I'd rather not take Magical Express. Uber is quoting $40 so wondering if other have used it what you found the cost to be. Unless the price of a car rental comes down, we'll be using Disney transportation this year! I'm only interested in Uber or Lyft (no taxi or transportation service). Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't used it in Orlando - but have used it plenty of other places, and have only once had a problem. Usually early morning isn't an issue. Just leave yourself a little extra time - just in case
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

we used Uber a bunch on our last trip. The quote of $40 to the airport sounds about right. We only had one problem when we used it. One driver had no idea where she was going and she did not leave us feeling very safe riding with her. Others were on time and nice drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both! Yes, John I figure our flight is at 7:30 am, so if we leave at little before 6 we should be fine. Zippy1 - I'll put on "Waze" so the driver can't get lost (although when I use it, I still do)! The deal on a car through Dollar and Thifty seem to be no longer - the prices are crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    Thank you both! Yes, John I figure our flight is at 7:30 am, so if we leave at little before 6 we should be fine. Zippy1 - I'll put on "Waze" so the driver can't get lost (although when I use it, I still do)! The deal on a car through Dollar and Thifty seem to be no longer - the prices are crazy!
    You can request the Uber the night before for s specific time. My friend did that for a 5am pickup last year.

I would get a pickup no later than 5:30 in your case. Even if you don't request it the night before, you should have no problem getting a car in under 5 minutes early in the morning. The Uber/Lyft cars literally just hang out in parking lots all over property, waiting.

$40 sounds on the high end of about right. I think it will probably be around that, but slightly less. If you checked the price while it was rush hour, surge pricing may have been in effect and the quote would show higher. I did Uber Black from the Swan and it was $58, and Uber Black is usually about twice the cost of Uber X.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

One other question. If our flight is at 8, do you think leaving at 6:30 would give us enough time? Thinking of grabbing a room at POP for our last night. Its just a place to drop our bags and catch a few hours sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

One other question. If our flight is at 8, do you think leaving at 6:30 would give us enough time? Thinking of grabbing a room at POP for our last night. Its just a place to drop our bags and catch a few hours sleep.
    No. Leave at 6. 6:30 is when you should be arriving at the airport.

Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

That'd be cutting it too close for me. It's about 30 minutes driving from POP to MCO. That wouldn't leave much margin in case of traffic or a slow security screening day at the airport.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought!! I'm trying to decide whether to stay near the airport the night before we leave. I guess it would make more sense and won't have to worry about traffic. Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought!! I'm trying to decide whether to stay near the airport the night before we leave. I guess it would make more sense and won't have to worry about traffic. Thanks all!
    Have you considered staying IN the airport, at the Hyatt MCO? It's a great hotel.

Natalie

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the Hyatt the night before our flight frequently. It's nice to relax and realize you're already at the airport. When you stay at the Hyatt, you can arrange for assistance by the hotel bellman to the airline check in desk. If you want a last-minute taste of vacation fun the evening before your plane leaves, there are some nice shops, restaurants and a large food court just steps from the hotel. My favorite shops at the airport are Disney, Sea World, Universal and Kennedy Space Center.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: