Quantcast Tron Lightcycles to Replace Tomorrowland Speedway? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I will reiterate what John said at the beginning of this thread.. plans change... And these plans could have as well... There was a time not so long ago, Tron was never coming state side... Now, it looks like it is...

Again, the plans released yesterday is not how several trustworthy people heard it... Not how I heard it.. Not what was explained... Could those be the new plans? Maybe... I did say they were wrong, yes... Cause I do not trust the website nor the person who put it out there...

Anyway, let me state again what I have heard and verified through trustworthy people... Tron cycle coaster is coming.. it will be in Tomorrowland.... will have the outside portion of the coaster...Will NOT replace Speedway but go behind it... thus changing crowd patterns and site lines in that area of the park... Speedway would stay but with an overhaul, theme change... Possibly electric cars... Tron would go outside the WDWRR tracks... Space Mountain is safe.... Should be announced this weekend...

Again, these are the plans as I have heard and been told... And again, plans change, so these may have as well... or they still might... And plans for announcing it this weekend may change too... 10 projects for WDW could be announced this weekend... Depends on if Disney wants to announce them or not...

But fear not... Tron will make much more sense and will fit in with the new theme Tomorrowland is scheduled to get....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't get too excited about this until I hear actual confirmation from Disney or Intercot, but the possibility of this coming to WDW is amazing. The Shanghai version looks incredible and I have wanted to ride this ever since I heard Michael talk about it on the podcast. Although it would be sad to lose any original attraction, I can't say I would be devastated if the speedway was replaced. Perhaps it's just because my older twins are thrill seekers and of the age that they would soon be able to go on Tron and the fact that we can enjoy something very similar to the speedway at Hershey Park. Regardless, this is one rumor I am 100% excited about if it happens. Now, when it comes to some other rumors..... (grumble grumble).
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as if the speedway will be completely done over possibly themed to Tron as well... Tron may posdibly be taking over that entire corner.. so in a way the original news was 50% correct providing these are the final plans...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they'll put in a Tron eatery or bar..
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Man, the idea of two Tron attractions while Wall-E gets none in Tomorrowland makes me a little sour, but I am excited about the Coaster, looks pretty cool either way
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if it will be two Tron attractions... almost sounds like it honestly... but no idea if the Speedway is rethemed to Tron... I am going off what someone posted elsewhere... that corner can be called Tron corner....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tearin_it_up View Post
    Man, the idea of two Tron attractions while Wall-E gets none in Tomorrowland makes me a little sour, but I am excited about the Coaster, looks pretty cool either way
    No love for Walle, UP, Moana and Princess and the Frog. I'd love to see attractions for them.

I'd at least like to see a Walle or Buy n Large food stand.
    But, I don't want like astro orbiters car painted like Eve or anything. Something legit. Maybe in the Stitch area. Or put in a show, replace the Lion King thing in the Land.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Ok looks like this will be 2 attractions... Speedway going away to make room fir a kiddie Tron car ride as welk as the coaster...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Ok looks like this will be 2 attractions... Speedway going away to make room fir a kiddie Tron car ride as welk as the coaster...

Sounds good to me. Lose the speedway and build something for kids to ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Sounds good to me. Lose the speedway and build something for kids to ride.
    Yep... if these are in fact the plans... Hope ee find out tomorrow... We should... plus other good stuff!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I say one thing, the Disney folks sure put on a good dog and pony show.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: