Quantcast Declining Mousekeeping - Free Gift Card?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Declining Mousekeeping - Free Gift Card?

Anyone heard anything about receiving a DISNEY Gift Card for declining MouseKeeping in a Value Resort Room?
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of such an offer. Anyone else?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Even though you're asking for Disney resorts I just got this for a Hotel in Atlantic City. I can either get a credit or points.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I've not heard about any specific offers, however I did get a room credit once because housekeeping came in, took the tip but only emptied the garbage and didn't make the beds.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting concept with DVC so prevalent. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney put some sort of twist on this for traditional guests with multiple night stays. I could see them going with either an upcharge for daily cleaning or a gift card for less service.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

According to ChipandCo this is currently in rumor stages.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

8. Thanks Hammer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also saw that Disney is having so much trouble finding people to work as housekeepers that they are offering a $500 sign-on bonus.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

This is the current rummor flying around with Cast Members. No one has been able to confirm yet. It would be a $40 gift card if you decline housekeeping for length of stay. Stay tuned for more info as I can get it

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you all - but housekeeping is one thing that makes it feel like vacation and less like home. Even as a DVC owner, I miss it every time I stay and hate coming back to a unmade bed
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

12. Likes BriarRose0708, Daisy'sMom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I don't know about you all - but housekeeping is one thing that makes it feel like vacation and less like home. Even as a DVC owner, I miss it every time I stay and hate coming back to a unmade bed
    I'm with you! My husband refuses housekeeping when he travels and I insist we get the room cleaned at least every other day when we travel together. Although if it's just a couple nights I would take a gift card in lieu of Mousekeeping. $40 would pay for a few drinks at the bar and I only use the room for sleeping and showering anyway. Any longer than 3 nights and I would want Mousekeeping.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I see that I misunderstood your title. I thought you were referencing service that has declined over the years. Now I think you're saying we can opt out of housekeeping and get a gift card in lieu of the service.

On that note, I would definitely accept that offering for short stays. My biggest issue would be what to do with all the trash. There'd need to be a more convenient way to dispose of it. Also, they'd need an efficient way to exchange towels and pick up toiletries for the bathroom. I could see this working well, but it would require more "work" for us.

I don't mind so much the extra efforts I'd need to take for this to happen. The more I travel, the less I like a stranger in my room.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

15. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If there was a discount or incentive to declining the mousekeeping service during your stay, I would go for that. We were at AKL last month for 5 nights. We left the room around 8 each day and returned for naptime between 2 and 3 each afternoon. The first day our room had been serviced, but each day afterward it had not been serviced when we returned. I either found them in the hallway or called to have them come do a quick towel switch and empty the garbage so we could do naptime undisturbed. The beds weren't made those days and that's fine. If we could decline it and have an easy process for towels and garbage, like previous commenters have said, I would be ok with declining the service for a few days.

17. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest thing I heard on this rumor is that it is a $40 gift card and they are planning on trying this at the Value resorts (Pop, All-Stars [all of them], and AoA)

No details on if there is a length of stay component or if you can request towels, toiletry, coffee, etc. replenishment.

Personally, I tend to leave my Do Not Disturb sign on the door the entire stay. They would always leave a bag of towels, toiletries, etc. hanging on the door either every day or every other day anyway.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

19. Likes heathertyson35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At the prices that Disney charges, I expect housekeeping to show up and do their job every day. That is part of the implied contract that I have with them. If housekeeping cannot be provided (for whatever reason) I would expect a substantial reduction in the rate that I pay. $40 ain't gonna cut it.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

If I didn't want my room cleaned, I'd stay at a timeshare place. I hope they don't go from the optional to mandatory stage. Its not like its stellar service anyone. But again, I don't stay at Value resorts.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post

On that note, I would definitely accept that offering for short stays. My biggest issue would be what to do with all the trash. There'd need to be a more convenient way to dispose of it. Also, they'd need an efficient way to exchange towels and pick up toiletries for the bathroom. I could see this working well, but it would require more "work" for us.
    I could be wrong but in other places I've stayed when you take the credit there is no replenishment of towels, toiletries, or coffee. They might, for longer stays, go the route of DVC with fresh towels and supplies on day 4.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I could be wrong but in other places I've stayed when you take the credit there is no replenishment of towels, toiletries, or coffee. They might, for longer stays, go the route of DVC with fresh towels and supplies on day 4.
    I've never stayed anywhere that even offered this option. It's the first I've ever heard of it, outside a timeshare. If those parameters are in place, I'd be LESS inclined to accept. Thanks for the heads-up because I may have missed the fine print on that one.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd grab this up in a minute. I don't wash my towels at home every day and I never ever make my bed. $40 - absolutely. Sometimes I put up the do not disturb, in fact, just because I don't want anyone coming in and moving things from very specific places I have them.

I've been at other hotels where they've offered, for example, one free drink at the hotel bar for declining room service for something like three days. I've taken advantage every time I see it.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

It appears from those checking in now at ASMo, the GC are a sliding scale starting at $20 for 2 nights and then in $20 increments per night up to 14 nights.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I wonder, will the rooms get and stay dirtier? Like, after a week of no cleaning, can a 10 minute job get it back into that much of an improved state..?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite