Quantcast D-Freak's October 2017 Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D-Freak's October 2017 Pre-Trip Report

So..... here I am, 117 days away from my first ever solo trip to WDW... And I'm not done getting things together... but I have time, right???? So far, hotels are booked as are ADRs... Some changes may still take place... Just need to get my Amtrak ticket (hopefully this week), and theme park passes... Yes, I do think I am going to be a WDW annual passholder again... I stopped because, frankly, I saw such a decline in the parks and felt the price was no longer worth it... BUT, that, in my opinion, has changed!!! And with what we already know is coming, the parks are in for a great turn around... Looking at the golden pass, offered to Florida residents and DVC members... I think it is worth the price, especially since I am heading down in October, with plans for two more additional trips in April 2018 and possible August/September 2018... Those visits will really make the Gold AP worth it for me...

Anyway, let me detail my plans as they currently are scheduled...

October 15th - I will be leaving NJ via Amtrak... Taken Amtrak many times before, and I love it...

October 16th - I will be arriving in Kissimmee and will then pick up my rental car... Just need to get a ride to the hotel where the car rental place is... There are plenty of cabs available, or hopefully my unreliable friend suddenly becomes reliable and picks me up LOL... Once I have my rental car, I'll be driving on over to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village where I have a Deluxe Studio with a Savanna view booked... I think I requested Sunshine Savanna view, close to the bus... Planning on relaxing then heading to Disney Springs to pick up a sandwich at Earl's and bringing it back to my room, which has now become my new first night tradition...

October 17 - Planning on hitting up Animal Kingdom... Didn't book any theme park dining there... I really like Flame Tree BBQ plus I want to the new place in Pandora, Satu'li Canteen... Hearing good things about the food there... I do have dinner ADRs booked at T-rex... I feel T-Rex is always a must do!!!

October 18 - Making this the first Magic Kingdom day... Booked myself breakfast at Kona Cafe (TONGA TOAST!!!!!!)... I plan on spending the entire day and night here... Want to catch the new nighttime show, Happily Ever After... No dinner ADRs... Counter service at any of their CS places will more than suffice...

October 19 - Planning on this day to be Universal Studios/IOA... Going to buy the 1 day, 2 park ticket... Figured I spend some time in US, hop Hogwarts Express over to IOA, spend some time there, then back to US... Finish the night with Halloween Horror Nights!!! No ADRs booked... Looking to, hopefully, eat at Leaky Cauldron, but Three Broomsticks is a great fall back option...

October 20 - Epcot... I can make a day of this easily... Epcot used to be my 2nd favorite WDW park, but it has really slipped lately... I'm hoping for a renewal, and I hear some decent things about the future... But it is littered with IP and the core mission of Epcot Center is truly dead.... Hoping for the best!!!! Anyways, ADR for lunch at Nine Dragons and ADR dinner at Biergarten... Gotta have my fill of German food!!!! Finish the night off with Illuminations... Ahhhhhhhhhh

October 21 - will be a little hectic I fear... Checking out of Animal Kingdom and into Saratoga Springs, where I have an One bedroom villa waiting for me... I'm going to spend time at Hollywood Studios... Since it is a half day park, and really, it is at the moment, this day is perfect for DHS... No ADRs booked at all this day... Won't dine alone at 50's Prime Time, and I really have no idea if my unreliable friend will be around at all... So not including him and his wife!!! I'll catch Fantasmic as I always do...

October 22 - Second Magic Kingdom day and last theme park day... Going to take my time and take in the surroundings of MK, my favorite WDW park (at the moment)... ADRs for the day: Lunch at BoG and dinner at Jungle Navigation Co LTD Skipper Canteen Dinner... Never ate there, not knowing what to expect, but I have heard it's good...

October 23/24 - Travel days... Leaving Florida on the 23rd and will be home on the 24th...

I'll update and add when plans do change!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline, cer liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! Just to give you a heads with your day at EPCOT being a friday night be aware that it will be very busy with Food & Wine Festival. Friday nights were incrediblely crazy when we were there last October/November. Barely room to move. Have fun

5. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great plans!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

7. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Looks good! Just to give you a heads with your day at EPCOT being a friday night be aware that it will be very busy with Food & Wine Festival. Friday nights were incrediblely crazy when we were there last October/November. Barely room to move. Have fun
    Fully aware... And it's OK... Been there so many times, and with plans to go twice next year, I feel no sense of urgency to see anything/everything...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

9. Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Sounds like great plans!

Thank you!!!! I'm just looking for a relaxing Disney vacation...

BTW, I'm kind of digging the D-Freak name... so much better than Dizneyfreak...

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific plans!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You are going to love having a solo trip! I think they are amazing - do what you want, when you want, relax as long as you want.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds awesome

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaaaand plans have changed... Still going but some ADRs cancelled and park days reversed.. Will post update later....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My bad... I owe you an updated pre-trip report and revised schedule.... I promise, it is upcoming... But, until then, 67 days!!!!

16. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Almost there! I can't wait to hear about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the Star Wars fireworks yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Someone just became a WDW passholder again... Yes, I was suckered!!!! Guess Star Wars and all the great new things coming got me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Have you seen the Star Wars fireworks yet?
    I haven't except for some videos... The fireworks play into my remade schedule, which I am putting on the finishing touches...

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Someone just became a WDW passholder again... Yes, I was suckered!!!! Guess Star Wars and all the great new things coming got me.....

I haven't except for some videos... The fireworks play into my remade schedule, which I am putting on the finishing touches...
    Does this mean you're coming early and can make ICOT20??
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great trip planned!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Does this mean you're coming early and can make ICOT20??
    No... not coming early... Wish I could but wasn't able to get the time off from work... Others have that weekend taken already...

Post Thanks / Like

I promised you good people an update, well finally, here it is... Mostly everything is done... I do need to still buy my Universal ticket, my Halloween Horror Nights ticket, my Express Pass for the houses at HHN, MNSSHP ticket, and maybe Cirque du Soleil La Nouba since it closes in December and I haven't ever seen it, and if I have time... My ADRs are made (and changed and cancelled!!!), my Fast Pass choices are complete, my WDW annual pass has been purchased (yes I am a pass holder again, buying the Premium Plus pass as Gold Pass prices THANK YOU DVC!!!), and my friend sent me a Steamboat Willie magic band 2.0... Though I still have to personalize the other magic bands... Without further time wasting... here are my plans:

Monday October 16: I arrive at Walt Disney World... I will be checking into Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village... This will be the first time I ever stay at AKL.. I have visited before, looked around the lobby, ate at Sanaa... Just never stayed... I booked a Deluxe Studio with a savanna view... I will be picking up my rental car from Dollar as well... Once I am in my room and settled, I plan on heading to Hollywood Studios... Dinner plans are cheap... Eating at Fairfax Fare.... Booked Fast Passes for Star Tours, Rock N Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror... The goal is to watch Star Wars A Galaxy Far Far Away night time show...

Tuesday, October 17: Heading to Disney's Animal Kingdom for the day... No ADRs... Plan on getting breakfast at Satu'li Canteen in Pandora... Grabbing lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque... My Fast Pass choices: Na'vi River Journey (Cannot get a FP for Flight of Passage which is a bummer!!!), Expedition Everest and Rivers of Light... My original plan was to leave DAK around 6 and go to Disney Springs, grab a sandwich from Earl and see Cirque... But I decided to FP Rivers and that plays at 7:30 I believe... So by time I leave DAK, it may be too late to run over to Disney Springs to catch Cirque... If so, I still may head to the Springs if only to grab a sandwich at Earl...

Wednesday October 18: My Universal day... But first I have breakfast at Kona Cafe booked... Hey, I need my Tonga Toast fill at least once a trip!!!! I'll be spending all day and night at Universal and Islands.... Planning on lunch/dinner at Three Broomsticks and/or Leaky Cauldron... And then stay for Halloween Horror Nights.. Need to see Bill and Ted's Final Journey....

Thursday October 19: Back to Hollywood Studios... Lunch at Min and Bills.. Dinner at Rosie's... Fast pass choices: Rock N Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and Tower of Terror... Not much left to do at this park until Star Wars opens... But I do plan on spending the day, seeing things I haven't seen in a long time... And of course Fantasmic at night...

Friday October 20: Epcot... I know it will probably be busy due to Food and Wine.. That's OK... I've been before, will be again (April 2018 booked already, so watch for those plans soon!!!)... Dining plans consist of grabbing lunch at La Cantina de San Angel and ADRS made for dinner at Biergarten... Fast Passes: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Soarin... I hate how they tiered the choices... I would have rather Test Track than Spaceship Earth but it is what it is... Debating on whether I want to check out the out of place and pavilion ruining Frozen ride... I think I am skipping it as my own silent protest!!!! And of course, Illuminations at night...

Saturday October 21: Checking out of Animal Kingdom Lodge and checking into Saratoga Springs, 1 bedroom villa... First, I have a breakfast ADR for Boma... Never had breakfast here... Ate dinner once before but never breakfast... Looking forward to it... After checking into Saratoga, I'm heading to Magic Kingdom... Have all day and night since it isn't a party night... Have dinner ADR at Skipper Canteen... again, haven't ever eaten here so another place I'm looking forward to... Fast passes: Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Jungle Cruise... Plan on catching Festival of Fantasy parade in the afternoon and Happily Ever After at night...

Sunday October 22: Magic Kingdom again... ADR for lunch at Be Our Guest... Fast Passes for: Space Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, Haunted Mansion... Will have dinner at Pecos Bills.... And as long as I get my tickets and they don't sell out, I will be staying for MNSSHP... Will be the first time I do this party in several years....

Then on Monday my trip ends and I head back home...

Only concerns I have are some ADRs... My friend asked me to include him and his wife in my plans and ADRs... Said he will be there... Well, he is also unreliable, so we'll have to see how this goes... I already cancelled several cause I over did it... But I understand Disney only charges you is no one shows up.. So even if I show up, I shouldn't get charged for him being unreliable...

Well, there you have it.. A full week of fun in the sun... Disney, Potter, Marvel, Star Wars... OH MY!!!! And back to it again in April 2018!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I should add... I will be looking to live steam from my room... As long as I get the proper equipment, I will be setting up my webcam and broadcasting/streaming the view to the savanna... Haven't decided if I want to yet or not... Will keep you posted if I do...

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see/hear about your trip.

27. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: