Quantcast I have a few Fastpass questions-

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a few Fastpass questions-

Where do I find the list of what attractions you can book? (I know you can pick only one from the top tier, then two others -but don't know where to find this "tier" information. On My Disney Experience it is just a list of all that are available.
    2. When they talk about Fastpasses for Fireworks or shows, I assume they mean access to some sort of fastpass only area. Are these better views? Or is the advantage not having to show up as early? I especially want to know if this is worth it for Magic Kingdom
    3. Strategy - is it best to get fastpasses for the morning, and then you can try to book others afterwards.....of is it better to go early in the morning before the lines form and then book the fastpasses for later in the day?
    4. Is there somewhere that I can find good advice on which fastpasses I SHOULD book for each park? I'd hate to waste a pass on a ride that is never busy.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a private message to answer your question.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

This might help.

Different folks use different strategies. Some folks like to book their fastpasses for early in the day and then attempt to get additional fastpasses after the first three are used. Others save their fastpasses for later in the day and use standby earlier in the day.

When there are fastpasses for shows such as Finding Nemo, Lion King etc., it typically means they will allow those holding fastpasses to enter the theater prior to those waiting in the standby lines. However, this typically means you need to get in the fastpass line ahead of the scheduled showing and wait until they allow that line in. If you arrive after the standby line is allowed to enter, you will fare no better than if you didn't have the fastpass. For fireworks, there is an area restricted to those who have fastpasses. However, a later arrival here may also mean you are behind groups of people who have claimed the better viewing spaces up front.

Sometimes, it's hard to know if it is worthwhile to select a specific fastpass. We've had fastpasses to attractions that were essentially a walkon and the fastpass would not have been needed. Other times, we've thought an attraction might not need a fastpass only to find the standby line is quite long indeed. There are some, such as Peter Pan, which tends to have long lines early on and remain long throughout the day that are definitely worth getting a fastpass for.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Creek Buccaneer View Post
    I sent you a private message to answer your question.
    Got it, thanks very much!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Faline - it does seem to be a bit of a moving target! Also, I got most of my original information out of the post you had on this board, so thank you for that as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Thanks Faline - it does seem to be a bit of a moving target! Also, I got most of my original information out of the post you had on this board, so thank you for that as well!
    Glad to know it was helpful!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Where do I find the list of what attractions you can book? (I know you can pick only one from the top tier, then two others -but don't know where to find this "tier" information. On My Disney Experience it is just a list of all that are available.
    - Were you looking at the Magic Kingdom on My Disney Experience? There is no tiered level fastpasses at that park. But at Epcot, for example, it will tell you "PICK ONE FROM THIS LIST" and "PICK TWO FROM THIS OTHER LIST". It makes it very simple to understand.
    2. When they talk about Fastpasses for Fireworks or shows, I assume they mean access to some sort of fastpass only area. Are these better views? Or is the advantage not having to show up as early? I especially want to know if this is worth it for Magic Kingdom.
    Yes, there are designated "fastpass viewing areas" or fireworks & parades. To be honest, I've never bothered with using a fastpass for these things because there are plenty of other great viewing spots that don't require a fastpass. But if your heart is set on having a perfect view, with the castle perfectly centered in the background of the fireworks, etc. then maybe it's a priority for you. As I say, I've never bothered.
    3. Strategy - is it best to get fastpasses for the morning, and then you can try to book others afterwards.....or is it better to go early in the morning before the lines form and then book the fastpasses for later in the day?
    I would get fastpasses for the morning, and then when you're finished those you'll probably be able to get another one or two for later in the afternoon. You will also still have time to take advantage of short standby times in the morning, even if you have fastpasses. If you don't book your FP's until later in the day, once you've used them up, there probably won't be any left for you by evening.
    4. Is there somewhere that I can find good advice on which fastpasses I SHOULD book for each park? I'd hate to waste a pass on a ride that is never busy.
    As a rule, I think the thrill rides are the first to book up. Think: Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Seven Dwarfs, etc. Those will be the longest lines of the day so if you don't have a fastpass, it's gonna be a long standby wait for you! There are a few exceptions to this though. For some reason, Peter Pan ALWAYS has a long lineup so if this is a ride you want to go on, maybe choose it for a fastpass. Newer rides like Frozen at Epcot, although not a thrill ride, also can have long wait times so go for a fastpass on those. When in doubt, ask here! If there's a ride you want to definitely go on, but are not sure if it needs a fastpass, we can always offer advice!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: