Quantcast Park Strategies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Park Strategies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Park Strategies

I've never stayed onsite at Universal before, so I'd love advice on strategy for next May. Since we are onsite we'll have those unlimited express passes (so excited about that) and early entry to Harry Potter (where I guess I can't use the express passes at all, right?). So...HOW would you do this? Which park would you start with? I'm not sure how to fit the Harry Potter TRAIN in to this.....so should I start in one park, do Harry Potter for that first hour, then take the train over and do the second park for the rest of the day, and then vice versa? Or is that overthinking it? I'm afraid if we do all one park on one day the lines for the train will be incredibly long. We've never park hopped at Universal before, but obviously want to do the train ride :-) ALSO - what are your views on touring in the early part of the day, then going back to the hotel for a few hours, then coming back to the park? We've done that at Disney a few times and I honestly don't like it that much because I find you spend too much of your day on busses, and then the parks are usually too crowded to enjoy in the evening.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in November we were told that the Harry Potter rides weren't included on the Express pass so we did not add it on since we were going only for one day and only for the Harry Potter stuff.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying on property at Universal they offer early entrance to a park one hour early. You are funneled back thru the park to HP area. There you are free to ride the rides before park opening. Do that area then ride the train over to the other park. Depending which park is open early you will need to adjust your park touring accordingly. I would work my way forward thru the park to the front. If you are staying multiple days, then go back to the park that you initially went thru and see those attractions you missed the day before.

Post Thanks / Like

At the beginning of July the Harry Potter attractions were added to the list for Express Pass....Let's hope it is a permanent move!

6. Likes Genie1953 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebK View Post
    At the beginning of July the Harry Potter attractions were added to the list for Express Pass....Let's hope it is a permanent move!
    Forbidden Journey and Gringotts?

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Share This Thread On Social Media: