Quantcast AKL, fast passes, and trying to figure out how to make a weekend work...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AKL, fast passes, and trying to figure out how to make a weekend work...

so, we're going next may, and looking at historical crowd calendars. Weekends look quite bad - so we were going to pick whichever park would do best on Saturday, and then take Sunday off. But now I have a new idea - is it crazy? I think with Pandora that i t is hard to thoroughly enjoy Animal Kingdom with just the 3 fast passes we can count on getting (and did I hear somewhere that you can't get both Pandora passes in the same day?). So NOW what I'm thinking is that instead of taking a day off, we should do two "half days" at AKL. That would mean I could get 6 fastpasses, we could maybe do a morning or evening in the park and relax the rest of the day. Does that seem reasonable? If so - how would YOU do the fastpasses - which 3 and 3? And if you think that is crazy, which park would be the LEAST awful on a saturday where the crowds are apparently 8/10?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have done half days on Saturday's at Animal Kingdom and had no problems at all but Pandora was not open yet at the time.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Your second plan would make the most sense if you want to get fast passes for both rides in Pandora. You can only pick one when doing your fastpasses and chances of being able to get thhe other later in the day are currently zero. Hopefully by then the lines won't be as bad. I could still see at least an hour wait

Post Thanks / Like

Your second plan is a good one. You'll want to do both Pandora attractions, and you'll probably want fast passes. I'd recommend you do at least one of the 1/2-days in the evening when it's dark - experience Pandora in the day and at night - it's very different. And if things work out, use that evening to perhaps enjoy the Rivers Of Light show - which you can use one of your fast passes to get a seat. Have fun!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: