Quantcast This time it's OUR trip - day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This time it's OUR trip - day 3

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom. Originally we wanted to be there for the 7am openings but yesterday's late night wasn't going to support that.

We grabbed breakfast today in the food court then hopped in the car to head to the park. We still made it by 8am, and along with what seemed like everyone else, made our way back to Pandora.

Wow. Truly. The mountains make you step back and say wow. They are amazing. The land as a whole is impressive. From the foliage to the piped in anima sounds, it gives it a feel of being other worldly but still very much fits with animal Kingdom. We had some time before our fast passes and headed back into the shop. DS scored a bubble blower and a flying banshee. He was very fond of both all week.

Today we had a fastpasa for the River Journey ride. Wait time with the pass was minimal and away we went. The boats for this are surprisingly tiny. DS really enjoyed this one. He loved the glowing Effects and animals. The final animatronic is impressive. Overall we were happy with this ride!

Pandora was rapidly becoming packed so we took the quiet back trail to Africa. We explored the gorilla trails and then We hopped right on to the Safari and had a great ride seeing both the baby elephant and the giraffe. Next up was my favorite stage show, Nemo. Based on the events of a few days earlier there were some tears and annoyance from our toddler when we felt the need to hold tight.

Lunch was the yak and yeti counter service. The honey chicken was tasty. After lunch we finagled the rider swap for Everest. By then DS was cranky, hot and tired so we admitted defeat and headed back to the resort for a nap.

After a rest we grabbed the boat to Disney springs. It amazes me how much this area changes every trip. DS was in heaven in the lego shop and was over the moon when he got to leave with a very large Cars duplo set. We did some other shopping and then headed to the boathouse for dinner.

The inside was nice, reminded us of our own north eastern coastal roots. The food was fine. We shared the clams and calamari. DH had the fish tacos, I had the lobster pasta. It was good but I'm not sure we'll rush back here anytime soon.

After dinner we grabbed some treats from he ganachary and took the boat back to the resort. We settled DS into bed, a much needed early night for him, and enjoyed our chocolates and some wine on the balcony.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boathouse doesn't impress me either. I've never been, but it looks so expensive.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice Disney day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: