Quantcast This time it's OUR trip - day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This time it's OUR trip - day 1

See pre-trip below!

(A bit of a warning, today's report will end on a very sad note.)

June 8th
    We were in the car by 4am to start the drive from NC to WDW. We ended up making really great time and arrived in WDW by 1pm. I had been furiously checking the app in hopes of our room being ready but hadn't received any updates.

We had a 3:45 reservation at Ohana but decided to swing by Saratoga Springs first to see if by any chance the room was ready. Surprisingly it was (I never did receive a text even though the front desk was convinced they had sent one). We were in the carrousel section and ended up with a nice view and being very close to the pool and two bus stops.

We unpacked, changed and then hopped in the car to the Poly. We were a little early for our reservation so we headed out back to the beach at which point we discovered my phone was dead and unable to be revived. This wasn't good since we're a party of two adults and a toddler and needed to keep in touch while doing ride swaps. DH got on the phone right away and we set up to have a replacement delivered to the hotel the next day.

We headed up to Ohana and we're seated right against the window which made DS happy. Food was plentiful as always. I was pleasantly surprised at how tender the beef and the chicken were. Maybe the secret is coming early?

Unfortunately at this point our trip took a very sad turn, very quickly. DH's sister called with the news that one of their young cousins, just 20, had been killed in a horrific accident while on vacation. To say this news was shocking is an understatement. DS being entirely too young to understand wanted on the monorail. We ended up riding through three full resort loops to keep him content while tracking down family to find out what had happened.

At this point we were both emotionally drained and scraped plans for resort shopping. We headed back to Saratoga for an early night. This would Admittedly have us holding our own son a bit closer all trip.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so incredibly saddened to hear that news as I am 20 years old myself. I hope your family finds peace. Hopefully the rest of the trip goes better. Thanks for sharing, and here's a little pixie dust.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for your loss. It makes you remember to enjoy the time with your family as much as you can.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry about the loss in your family.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: