Quantcast ummm.....One more hotel question?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ummm.....One more hotel question?

LOL - sorry! Having never stayed at Universal, this is trickier than I thought. SO.....we wanted Royal Pacific, but all they had for our dates was club level, so I booked Hardrock. NOW I'm thinking that maybe I should go for the club level at RPR? It is only about $40 more, and there are 3 of us. I'm thinking the value we'd get just out of having breakfast in the club lounge would make up that $40, and any other opportunity we might have to go there for snacks is value added. What do you think? Does that make sense? and do those lounges really have enough food and enough variety? I'd hate for it to be a really lame continental breakfast like I've had in a few cheap hotels with fake eggs, mostly just cereal, etc. But I'm guessing that it might be better at this level of hotel, and when they are charging extra for it? And if I do that, do you know if I can't just cancel my Hardrock ressie online and make the new one, or will I have to phone?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not personally stayed at any Universal hotel, let alone club level anywhere. However, in planning my own trip I have been doing a similar cost-benefit analysis, lol! It seems to me that you've made your argument in the post above - I am thinking club level would be the way to go. If you look on some other websites similar to INTERCOT, there's some good reviews with pictures of the RPR club and the food offerings. They look good to me, certainly a couple notches above a standard Best Western free breakfast. It looks like they have snacks during the day, appetizers in the evening and free booze. I am almost convincing myself to book club level now! I can send you a link to some of the reviews I've read elsewhere, just PM me if you'd like it.

I don't think you can go wrong with whichever you choose, which makes the decision that much more difficult. Good luck!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Since posting here I've done some research as well, and I'm definitely doing it. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if I was spending $100 more per night, but since I CAN"T get a regular room at RPR and would have to do the more expensive Hard Rock anyway, the difference is a lot less. I saw that some people felt like they had to be back at the lounge to make it worthwhile and that put them on a schedule, but I won't look at it that way - breakfast is fine, and if we happen to be around for snacks, wine and night time deserts that is nice, too! Plus we can also grab water bottles to take to the park.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: