Quantcast savannah view or kadani villa AKL?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default savannah view or kadani villa AKL?

hello,
    what's better a savannah view in AKL or Kadani Villa, just me & hubby for 2 nights, going to wedding in area & staying over a few nites. Don't need pool, just good view of animals. & best room or area to request ,
    thanks so much!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The last time we stayed at AKL with a Savannah view we shared the Savannah with the Kidani Village. There are a couple of Savannah areas at the resort, and the animals roam freely. I don't think it really matters that much.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

4. Thanks VaderGirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this matters to you, but Kidani is a hike to get to the Mara and Boma and the big gift shop. I prefer Kidani, as it is quiet and more intimate, but when we stayed last, it was quite a walk to get the kids over to Mara for breakfast and lunch. If it had just been my hubby and myself, I would prefer Kidani.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

6. Thanks VaderGirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple quick things. Many of the savannas are shared between the 2 sister resorts, while some are not. They spread the animals out among most of the savannas, so you'll see animals from either side of the resort.

The entire resort is known as the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The original section is Jambo House and the new DVC section is Kidani. If you are staying with DVC points, there are only one or 2 floors of DVC rooms in Jambo House - but they are the highest floors and can offer some very nice views.

If you opt to stay at Kidani, I'd recommend you ask for a room on the end closest to Jambo House. As mentioned above, depending where you stay in Kidani, a walk to the restaurants and gift shop at Jambo House can be a hike. But also keep in mind that Kidani has its own pool (you can use either pool) and an amazing restaurant in Sanaa - but they don't do coffee and breakfast at Sanaa. Boma, Jiko, and Mara are all in Jambo House.

Have a great trip. AKL is our favorite resort, and you'll have a great time for a few nights!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    If you opt to stay at Kidani, I'd recommend you ask for a room on the end closest to Jambo House. As mentioned above, depending where you stay in Kidani, a walk to the restaurants and gift shop at Jambo House can be a hike. But also keep in mind that Kidani has its own pool (you can use either pool) and an amazing restaurant in Sanaa - but they don't do coffee and breakfast at Sanaa. Boma, Jiko, and Mara are all in Jambo House.

Have a great trip. AKL is our favorite resort, and you'll have a great time for a few nights!
    I'm nearly positive that Sanaa is offering breakfast now.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, there is a shuttle bus between Kidani and Jambo.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I'm nearly positive that Sanaa is offering breakfast now.
    Really? Thanks for sharing. I missed that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Just an FYI, there is a shuttle bus between Kidani and Jambo.
    At least last year, the shuttle bus ran continuously all day. Even if you just miss the bus, it's only a 10-15 minute wait. The shuttle bus is actually a 12 passenger van, and one time I got there just as a HUGE party took the entire van. So I just had to wait for the shuttle bus to go to Jambo and come right back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    At least last year, the shuttle bus ran continuously all day. Even if you just miss the bus, it's only a 10-15 minute wait. The shuttle bus is actually a 12 passenger van, and one time I got there just as a HUGE party took the entire van. So I just had to wait for the shuttle bus to go to Jambo and come right back.
    You can also take one of the regular buses between resorts. Any of the theme park buses go to Kidani first and the stop at Jambo - so you can hop a ride if you need on. I believe the water park/Disney Springs bus stops at Jambo first and then Kidani - so you could catch a ride that way, too.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: