Quantcast May Trip Days 3 & 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default May Trip Days 3 & 4

Tuesday

We were up early and it was another day of breakfast watching the animals on the balcony. We headed to the bus stop just before 8 to make our way to the Magic Kingdom. The MK bus was waiting at the bus stop when we arrived. We were through bag check and entered into the park before 8:30. We took lots of pictures in front of the park and on Main Street then waited by Walt's statue to watch the Opening Show in front of the castle.

Then we were off to It's a Small World, Dumbo, Tea Cups, Under the Sea with Ariel, and Seven Dwarves (FP). We ate lunch at Casey's Corner, then were off to Peter Pan (FP) and we planned to ride the train back to the front of the park but it was full and the line was long. We didn't want to wait so we walked to the exit and went back to AKL for naps.

We returned to MK for Haunted Mansion (FP). While in line at HM I booked a FP for Pirates of the Carribean. We ate dinner at Columbia Harbor House; we sat upstairs and it was a nice quiet area to enjoy a good meal. We walked through Frontierland and DD danced with CM outside Country Bear Jamboree and LOVED it. We did Pirates of the Carribean (FP) then ate DOLE Whips at Aloha Isle. yum! DD did some Pin Trading then we returned to AKL. DH put DS to bed while DD and I went to do laundry and look for animals with the night vision goggles. We didn't spot any but it was fun to look.

Wednesday

Once again, breakfast on the balcony watching the animals. A recurring theme of the trip.

We were up early and off to Epcot before opening. We had a plan of getting to Soarin ASAP to beat the line since we didn't FP it (FP for Frozen instead). We were waiting in the crowd and rushed to Soarin with many others and as soon as we get inside we stop on the ramp. CM began walking through telling us it was closed for technical issues. We waited. A few minutes later they walked by again with the same story. We waited. Many people were leaving. After about 20 minutes they walked through a third time and I asked if we could have a FP. The CM discreetly handed us tickets to return We then went to the Character Spot to see the gang there. We waited about 30 minutes. The kids loved it, especially DS. He wouldn't stop hugging Mickey.

Then we headed to the Seas with Nemo (FP). After we finished there I noticed Soarin was open on the MDE App so we returned to Soarin. We ended up missing our FP time for Crush because Soarin's FP line was long and we had to Rider Switch so it took over an hour to go through twice. It was definitely worth missing our Crush FP. We loved the new Soarin around the World.

Then we had lunch at the Cantina in Mexico. It was ok but I wasn't impressed with the corn tortillas on the tacos. It was windy and we sat out by the water, which was tricky, not realizing there was seating inside until afterward when we needed the restroom and a CM directed us inside. Now we know.

Next was Frozen (FP). It was great for my daughter, she loved it. The rain was nearby and we returned the AKL afterward for naps.

It rained during our naps and continued to lightly rain on and off into the evening so we decided to stay at AKL and explore. We walked through the lobby and there were lots of people. I asked a CM about it and they said it was a media event for the Pandora dedication ceremony. We ate dinner at Mara again. And again, it was unimpressive. We explored the playground area and talked with CM about the animals. He was from Nigeria and told us about his dream to come to America and how great this opportunity is to work for Disney. He talked to DD about never giving up on your dreams and always believing in yourself. It was a great interaction.

We visited the gift shop. DH and DD participated in the drum time in the lobby (not sure what the name of the activity is), while I took DS to the room to get ready for bedtime. DH put DS to bed while DD and I went to the pool and do another load of laundry. I could see fireworks through the trees (possibly Pandora dedication ceremony/reception?) It was a relaxing way to end the day.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline, Mendelson liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice couple of days.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes j2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

7. Likes j2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your report! I am enjoying reading it.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

9. Likes j2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great trip overall. Though the parks were crowded we were able to hit all our Must-Do's.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it your first time staying at AKL? I have never stayed there cause I always feel it's so far away from everything but it really sounds like you had a nice time exploring the resort.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Was it your first time staying at AKL? I have never stayed there cause I always feel it's so far away from everything but it really sounds like you had a nice time exploring the resort.
    Yes, it was our first time. It was beautiful. There were both negatives and positives about our experience there.

Positives - The animals all over. The Pool and playground area. The views. The quietness. The laid back feeling. The closeness to AK, a 5 minute bus ride away (or less).

Negatives - It's dim, everywhere. Mousekeeping was lacking in attention. Front desk cast members were not welcoming and were not very helpful. Our room was FAR from the lobby. The walk to the room was LONG. The Mara (quick service dining) was underwhelming and the table service restaurants there aren't for us. DH and I have decided that it was likely a one time only stay there. Yes, we know that we could request a closer room next time. The bus rides didn't feel extremely long. I think 20 minutes at most. But, between the time waiting for buses, riding the bus, and walking to/from the room we used lots of time in transport.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: