Quantcast First Trip with Teens Day 2 HS

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Trip with Teens Day 2 HS

It's hot!

And, I LOVE the hat being gone. The park makes so much more sense now visually. I never noticed how beautiful the theater was until now.

The teens were dragging this morning. They are not lovers of the early morning magic hour. We got to the Studios at about 8:30 and rushed to RR for standby. We have FP for TOT, TS and Star Tours. The standby line for RR was posted as 60 already! Fortunately it was closer to 30. I was the only one who skipped this (too chicken) but the family loved it. We met at Star tours which I had already ridden and we all went together. No need for FP so I cancelled my afternoon FP. There were no other FP available for anything that you would actually need a FP for. I really like the new story lines. We did Toy Story (boys won,) Movie Ride, Little Mermaid, TOT (I skipped this too) and then had lunch at Commissary. It was fair. This park seriously lacks good counter service. Both boys enjoyed the Star Wars shops and my youngest couldn't resist getting yet another light saber. The staff were really patient and one told us all about the new Star Wars land. He was very excited and said it will be way better than Pandora, with a life size Millenial falcon, two new attractions, tons of alien characters walking around, etc. It sounds great. We also caught some kind of Star Wars tribute during the day. It was a lot of projected movie clips and very hot, but the boys wanted to see it. I do like it that there is no more disco Vader and campy spoofs. I much prefer it when characters don't break character. Darth Vader was awesome and scary as he should be. That said, too hot for this imho. We finished day with Muppet Show and headed back to hotel for rest and pool time. We were all tired.

The room was clean, three maintenance people came to replace AC blower motor or something and the musty smell was gone. Two lights still don't work, but at least the AC works! It was a little hard to nap with maintenance in the room so I headed to pool. It was nice in the water, but really too hot to be in sun for long. I decided that it isn't that there is no theming, but it doesn't feel Disneyish. The Calypso area is closest to food and gift shop and Jazz (where family suits are) is next, so our location is good. There is a little courtyard with fountain in Jazz to inspire a New Orleans vibe i guess. It's not a bad resort, but the kids do complain about their mattresses.

Refreshed we headed to Beach Club for dinner at Cape May. I did, again, experience resort envy. I do love BC. So pretty, elegant and crisp. The food was good at Cape May. Can't go wrong with crab legs and fried shrimp, but I also especially liked the wonderful assortment of creative salads. We ate our money's worth i think!!! We took the ferry to HS for the Star Wars Fire works. I really loved this. I love Star Wars and the music and felt there was a lot of artistry and creativity in making you feel as if you were part of the action. Granted, it wasn't Wishes, but I liked it better than Happily Ever After. My teens say I am just too nostalgic for Wishes. This is true. The movie montage thing at 9:00 was a nice distraction while we waited for star Wars, but nothing very special. I am not so enamored of all the projection shows.

Thoughts for today. An afternoon break is very nice! Tomorrow: Epcot
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad your air conditioning is fixed. Nice day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I will also be missing wishes when we go back.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You know we haven't been to Cape May in years. I'll have to check that for our next trip...crab legs...yum!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: