Quantcast Pirates 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Pirates 5

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirates 5

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 5 this afternoon. We really enjoyed it, admittedly not up to Curse of The Black Pearl but that's always tough to beat. Jack's - sorry Captain Jack's first appearance is typical Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?
    Interestingly, it's subtitled Salazar Revenge over here but understand it's Dead Men Tell No Tales everywhere else. Anyone know why?
    Had a trailer for Thor Ragnorok too. Looks good.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I'm not reading a lot of good critical reviews over here. Haven't seen it yet, probably will wait for a rainy weekend and then take the kids.

Not unusual for different titles in the US vs UK or rest of Europe. Usually has to do with how a title might translate, either in understanding it or cultural sensitivity. Since neither of those seem to be an issue with UK, my guess, and I think that this is what the speculation is, is that there is some trademark issue in the UK that Disney would have had to overcome so instead went with the alternate title.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't go in expecting too much and you should be fine, but this franchise has run it's course. They caught lightning in a bottle with the first one and can't seem to do it again. 6 out of 10 stars.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Don't go in expecting too much and you should be fine, but this franchise has run it's course. They caught lightning in a bottle with the first one and can't seem to do it again. 6 out of 10 stars.
    No way! I give it 3 out of 5, tops! :-)

Had to laugh that embedded in your post is the trailer...the trailer for the movie you're saying isn't that good. Irony. Ha.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    No way! I give it 3 out of 5, tops! :-)

Had to laugh that embedded in your post is the trailer...the trailer for the movie you're saying isn't that good. Irony. Ha.
    Math humor - truly under appreciated in today's society.

7. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Math humor - truly under appreciated in today's society.
    But here is where the math joke is on us: On Stranger Tides - $1B > $250 Million (take vs. budget). And that's why they'll keep making substandard POTC movies.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I give it 9 stars. It was awesome. I think for a sequel they did a great job.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

heard varying reviews. i will go check it out
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Went to see it yesterday and enjoyed it. We went to an IMAX theater. It just started last week so I was surprised to find that the show we caught (late afternoon yesterday) was the last showing of this movie. They were moving on to Wonder Woman beginning with last evening's show times.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't pay any attention to reviews. The movies they rave about, I can't make it past the first 15 minutes and are garbage as far as I am concerned. On the other end of the spectrum, sure some of the ones with bad reviews are in fact garbage but there are some gems hidden in there. Typically the ones that get middle of the road reviews are really good.

I have found all but one of the Pirates series to be pretty good. I can't remember off the top of my head which one I didn't like as much. I am looking forward to seeing Dead Men Tell no Tales.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you 1DisneyNut. These days it seems critics only like arty meaningful exploring human condition films and every thing else is not worth it. However I like my films to be entertaining couple of hours forget about what's happening outside in reality. Maybe that makes me shallow but quite frankly I don't care and it helps my stress and anxiety levels to go down a bit.
    Currently typing this and watching Raiders of the Lost Ark. Go Indy!!
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the movie on Thursday. Went in with low expectations. If you liked the first two Pirates movies, you will like this one as well. Left with a slight tear in the eyes.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it was a fun movie. And honestly I'll keep paying my $11 just to watch Depp be Captain Jack. It was definitely better than On Stranger Tides.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was okay ... a bit rambling and forced at times, but entertaining enough that I didn't walk away feeling ripped off. I do think the franchise has run its course, though. Really none of the sequels ever lived up to the 1st one.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

17. Likes disneycutie165 liked this post
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I definitely did not enjoy it as much as the first three, but was still entertained! Jack Sparrow is my favorite movie character and I was just overjoyed to see him as Jack one last time. But, are we allowed to talk about the scene after the credits without giving too much away?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

SO agree with the paying $11 to see Johnny. He is a favorite of mine!
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: