Quantcast Magical Express Luggage Delivery Opinions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express Luggage Delivery Opinions

Ok, here is your opportunity to provide some insight into Disney's Magical Express luggage delivery! We have used the Magical Express buses on our previous trip but opted not to use the luggage delivery just to ensure that our luggage actually arrived at our room safely. However, this time we are considering rolling the dice to make our arrival at the airport a bit easier and let Disney handle our luggage for us. Is the service a good one with no issues? Or how often are you stuck without your luggage??
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used this service every time we've gone. Never had an issue. The only thing is, the luggage arrives when it arrives. Not with you on the bus. We have had it delivered within a few hours of arrival. Had to wait for my dads luggage until about 7:00 PM. It was misrouted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a problem with Magical Express. Since we generally head to Epcot right after arrival, I pack all of the stuff that we need for the parks into one of our carryons. (Sunblock, hats, fresh t shirts, etc.)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Considering the volume of bags they transport and deliver, DME has a phenomenal track record of getting everything where it's suppose to go within their stated delivery window. Do things go awry? Sure, and you could be the "lucky" recipient of one of those glitches. But the odds are very high that you won't experience a problem.
    As long as your expectation is that your luggage will not arrive until 3 hours after you arrive at the resort, its unlikely you'll be disappointed.

If you arrive late in the evening, that's when the delivery times can get long. I think it has to do with them waiting until they have a full truckload of luggage before they transport. For us, the only time we've had late delivery times has been when we land after 8p

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

First thing... DME is contracted with another service (Bags, Inc??) for luggage delivery. Now, if there is inclement weather at your flight arrival time, there could be delays in delivery, but normally luggage is delivered within 3 hours of your arrival at your resort. There is one stipulation -- Flights arriving between 10pm and 6am cannot use the luggage delivery service (unless this has changed over the past 2 years)

Just make sure you have what you need for the day with you on the plane, to be safe -- meds, sunscreen, change of clothes, that type of thing -- and you should be good to go.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be using it again. ABSOLUTELY it is safe - I have no concerns there. However, I found it aggravation having to wait for the stuff to show up. We had a really LONG flight, and arrived fairly late, and had to wait past when we would rather have been in bed.

Post Thanks / Like

We have ALWAYS had good luck. When we get to the hotel we are usually ready to sit back and rest for about an hour before we head out to Disney Springs and I can tell you that within an hour of arriving at our room our luggage is being delivered. One time we had it within 15 minutes of getting to our room.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I should also say that we always have a carry on bag with one change of clothes and our swimwear and our medications with us in the event our luggage doesn't make it to is as soon as we would like. Like I said that has never happened to us. We love Magical Express!!!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

When we use it we have one carry on bag packed as an overnight bag with necessities so IF the bags were to show up late it wouldn't be an issue. That being said, our bags have always arrived within the 3 hour time window.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

We have shown up the last two trip around 4-6 pm, personally, with my little kids, i don't want to wait a few hours for my luggage. So we make the trip downstairs across the airport (which isn't that bad) to get our luggage, then we go back to the side with DME and get in line. I bet the last two times it put us probably 20 minutes out of our way. But it wasn't a big hassle. Next time, however, I'm hoping to get an earlier flight around 10-12 noon and then I will consider using the luggage service as I trust them... and if its delayed then it has all day to get there before bed I'm thinking.
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Thanks to all who took the time to respond. At this point, based on what I have read, I think we will let Disney handle the luggage and simply make our way to the buses after we arrive at the airport!
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had an issue. We head to the parks as soon as we get there and the luggage is in the room when we get back. Just pack some necessities for the park in your carry on and you are good to go.
    Have you ever looked beyond today, into the future?
    Picturing a world, we've yet to see.
    The wonder of finding new ways,
    that lead to the promise of brighter days

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: