Quantcast All Star Music

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Music

Am I correct that the Values do not have a gym? Is there anything else they don't have? We usually stay at Deluxe. Do they have the shampoo, conditioner and lotion? Hair Dryer? Coffee in the room? Would it be enjoyable to spend an afternoon at All Star Music? Just trying to adjust to different level and not be surprised. We normally spend most days in parks, but have enjoyed the deluxe resorts.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    Am I correct that the Values do not have a gym? .
    Don't need one, you will get your daily workout just walking to the bus stop and food court.

In all seriousness, they do have the normal things that a hotel room has (though I am not sure about lotion). Also the paths around the resort make a nice jogging trail if you feel that you need a daily work out.

If you enjoy laying by the pool with a drink in hand, then you will enjoy an afternoon at any of the value resorts. If not you could always hop on the bus to Disney Springs.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

No gym.

I don't recall the values having coffee makers in the rooms. This is something they are adding at Pop Century right now as they refurbish the rooms.

You will have a hairdryer but it might be the kind that is mounted on the wall.

There are no hot tubs or slides at the pools. There is no bell service assistance with luggage to/from your room.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

If you've only stayed Deluxe, switching to a value will be quite a shock. No gym, but jogging paths. They have food courts but no sit-sown restaurants. The pools are themed but they are only pools - no hot tubs, slides, etc. No cabanas and no poolside quick service but there is a bar at the main pool. There are usually two quiet pools. Disney provided transportation is bus only, many people elect to drive, taxi, or Uber to the parks. The All Star Resorts sometimes share buses with each other (Music, Sports, and Movies) but that seems to be sporadic and at very slow times. Historically no coffee makers in the rooms at Values, but if they add them to Pop that would be fantastic!

There are toiletries provided in the bathrooms, but they are not the same quality as the deluxes and they now have lower count towels and sheets at Values. It used to be all the same but that has changed. If that doesn't bother you, the size of the bathroom and vanity areas might if you have more than 2 people in the room at All Star Music. It's a tight fit. I've done it with 4 adults and it was a good thing we were all very close friends.

There honestly is nothing wrong with Values, I have over 7 stays at Pop Century. They are a very budget-friendly option, but you really do get what you pay for. Now that I'm in my 30's I really prefer a Moderate level and avoid the Values.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info. We will be in a family suite to accommodate our family of 6. There is a kitchenette so I am hoping for a coffee pot, but if not we will be able to refill our mugs in the food court. We spent one night at All Star Music when the kids were into Herbie and I remember being very impressed with the theming. We also spent one night at Pop and thought it was cute. But we've never spent the whole week at a Value and i am just trying to be prepared for anything that might seem irritating if I am expecting better. I will miss the hot tubs, slide and good sheets!

We are heading to Universal for a couple nights after and their cheapest resort is like a deluxe so that will be a nice end to the trip. Not to mention the less stressful park planning!!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

If you have not booked your rooms yet, have you considered staying off site? In 2012 I had some friends convince me to give it a try. For less than a family suite at the value resorts we were able to get a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo. The condos include a living room and full (though small) kitchen. Since then we have not gone back to staying on property.

p.s. For a little more you can get a 3 bedroom 3 bath town house with a private mini pool. I think the pool dimensions are 10'x10'. That is what we have stayed in on our last two trips.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    Am I correct that the Values do not have a gym? Is there anything else they don't have? We usually stay at Deluxe. Do they have the shampoo, conditioner and lotion? Hair Dryer? Coffee in the room? Would it be enjoyable to spend an afternoon at All Star Music? Just trying to adjust to different level and not be surprised. We normally spend most days in parks, but have enjoyed the deluxe resorts.
    1. No gym
    2. Shampoo and conditioner, no lotion.
    3. Hair dryer
    4. No coffee-maker
    5. We are always in the parks which is why we prefer the values. You can swim in the big pool featuring the 3 caballeros that shoot water out of their fingers onto the pool or the Ariel pool in the far back of the resort. They also have a fun arcade located across from the food court.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Like a Days Inn, but a 5 hour walk between buildings and lots of giant colorful props

I really hate that the bus stops are uncovered and nowhere to sit. We only stayed a few days, then changed resorts. Plus, too many school groups, etc, there.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite