Quantcast Last Man Standing

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Man Standing

Sometimes I really wonder about the higher ups at ABC. The cancellation of this show baffels me. It has high viewership in its Friday night slot. I do have to wonder if it does have to do with the many things being rumored. Tim Allen is very vocal in his politcal and religious beliefs. I think this is an amazing part of the show. It is part of reality. Tim Allen we stand behind you and your show! Hopefully another network or cable station will pick up this great show. ABC take a look at what people want and keep it on the air!!

2. Thanks eam thanked for this post
    Likes eam, chefmickey3 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The funny thing is - they show the struggle of many of us. A father who believes one thing, a kid who sides with him, one who disagrees and another who doesn't really care. Add on a wife somewhere in the middle and it all seem pretty normal to me.

Given how it wins it's timeslot, I am sure someone else will pick it up - and if they are smart, plug it in right where it was on a different network.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope someone else picks it up. It is such a good show that many can relate to. I did a little more investigating and apparently ABC does not own the show. Part of the reason the are canceling it. They don't want to spend money on a show they don't own. Something to do with fees they need to pay yearly to air the show. Still not a good move on their part.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't watch much TV, maybe 5 shows a week at best. Last Man Standing was the only reason to even turn on my television Friday nights. In fact, it was the only show on ABC I watched at all!

Bye-Bye ABC, I'm done with you!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly can say, have never seen the show, have absolutely no clue what it is about.

That said, kind of sounds like the show had the deck stacked against it.

ABC doesn't own the show. Shows that are on the bubble (like Quantico) that ABC owns I think are more likely to pick up renewal vs a show a network has to license.

Tim Allen was up for contract renewal, always means more $$$, which on an aging show is not good.

ABC is supposedly dumping its comedy line-up completely on Friday nights for drama shows.

8. Likes Hammer liked this post
    Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

It really bummed me out to see Last Man Standing cancelled I've been a big fan of Tim Allen pretty much my whole life (Home Improvement is my all-time favorite show) and he's a very honest man. Sad to see Hollywood come against him, I hope he is able to find a new outlet for himself.
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Wmsbrg, VA (12 hours & 22 minutes from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    ABC is supposedly dumping its comedy line-up completely on Friday nights for drama shows.
    Don't we have enough dramas on TV? What happened to good ol' Friday night comedy?
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers... and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.. whenever candlelights flicker... where the air is deathly still... that is the time when ghosts are present... practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: