Quantcast This time its OUR vacation - Pre-trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default This time its OUR vacation - Pre-trip report

Cast:
    Me – 30, too many trips to count!
    DH – 30, later convert, 5th trip
    DS – 2 and 3/4s, 2nd trip, loves all things Mickey, Cars, Monster Inc and Moana

When:
    June 8th – June 16th, Saratoga Springs Resort, deluxe studio DVC rental

What we’re celebrating:
    Surviving my first year as a high school bio teacher!
    Little man turning three in just a few short weeks!

Meals:
    Ohana Dinner
    California Grill
    The Boathouse
    Via Napoli
    Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno
    Skipper Canteen
    Tiffins
    Tusker House Breakfast
    Jiko
    Marrakesh
    Kona Cafe

Background:
    This time its OUR vacation. The last two trips we’ve taken (January 2014, December 2015) we were with DH’s parents and siblings and then my parents and siblings. Both trips were amazing (we told my inlaws I was pregnant with their first grandchild on the 2014 trip and took our son for his first trip on the 2015 one) but with big groups comes compromise and chaos. This trip we decided it is just the three of us! It is our first full vacation just us, without other family or work obligations getting in the way.

Game plan:
    Full Disclosure: I am an obsessive, spreadsheet planner and have been planning this trip since September. Brace yourselves for my OCD.

June 8
    Leave from NC by 4am, we are road tripping! We park hop a lot and really prefer to have our own vehicle. My mom has graciously agreed to stay at our house with our animals while we are away. Arrive by 2 pm. Check in if room is ready. This is our first trip renting DVC points. Head off to the Poly for our first dinner reservation, 3:45 pm at Ohana. Maybe take a spin on the monorail. Back to Saratoga Springs after to unpack, maybe pool or the playground depending on how DS is feeling.

June 9
    Be at the Magic Kingdom by 8 am for opening. We can’t wait to see DS’s face this trip. Fast passes for Pooh, Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion. Counter service lunch, break at the hotel then potentially, depending on how DS is doing, off to Epcot for a bit. Dinner at 5:45 at the California Grill. Off to Hollywood Studios after to see the new Pixar music show and the Star Wars fireworks.

June 10
    Plan is to be at AK early. They open at 7am, I doubt I can convince DH or DS to see that opening time. We’ll shoot for 8. Fast passes for Na’vi River, Safari and Bugs Life. Counter service lunch. Back to the hotel to relax fairly early and hit the pool. Grab the boat to Disney Springs for shopping. Dinner at 7:30 at the Boathouse.

June 11
    Hollywood Studios by 8am. Hit the big attractions first then take in some shows. Counter service lunch and hopefully take advantage of the Disney visa Star Wars meet and greet. Break/pool back at the hotel. Off to Epcot around 3, fastpasses for Spaceship Earth, Pixar and Frozen. Dinner at 6:10 at Via Napoli and Illuminations.

June 12
    Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk at 7:30. So excited to try out this new character breakfast! Off to Magic Kingdom after. Midafternoon break at the hotel then off to the Animal Kingdom around 3pm. Fastpasses for Lion King, Flights of Wonder and an after dark Safari. Dinner at Tiffins. We scored the dining package so we’ll have reserved seating for the first showing of Rivers of Light and will hopefully swing back through Pandora after to take in the night time atmosphere.

June 13
    Off to Epcot for a 9am opening. Hit Soarin and Test Track, neither of which I could work out fast passes into our plans. Head back to the hotel for a break by late morning and grab lunch at the Saratoga Springs Pool. Off to the Magic Kingdom by 4. Fast passes for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Speedway, Space Mountain and Buzz. Dinner at 5:20 at the Skipper Canteen. Happily Ever After fireworks show tonight!

June 14
    Breakfast at the Tusker House at 8:30 (a MUST DO every trip). Catch which ever attractions we’ve yet to hit in Animal Kingdom then back to the hotel for downtime and pool. 5:30 dinner at Jiko (another MUST DO for us). Off to Hollywood Studios after. Fast passes for Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Tower of Terror. Game plan is to catch Fantasmic tonight.

June 15
    To the Magic Kingdom by 9 am for opening. Take in whatever we haven’t done and soak up as much magic as possible. Counter service lunch at either Magic Kingdom or when we head off to Epcot after. Head to Epcot by 3 at the latest. Fastpasses for Spaceship Earth, Turtle Talk and Frozen. Dinner at Marrakesh at 5:45, Illuminations one last time this trip (Unless Happily Ever after really blows us away and we opt to see that again).

June 16
    Headed home today ☹ One last meal before we go: breakfast at Kona Café and maybe some shopping at Disney Springs. Then its back to the road an reality but hey, at least I’m a teacher now and we have the whole summer before us!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful trip you have planned!! Enjoy and please let us know all the details when you return!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited for you, and bless you for being a teacher. I could never do it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the post. Looking forward to report when you get back. I miss so much my children being little. Have a great time.
    TRACEY

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: