Quantcast All Star Sports

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Default All Star Sports

It's been a few years since we stayed at Disney for a night or two. Yesterday on our back from the day at Epcot, we decided to plan a two night stay in October or November. While looking at the values, I noticed All Star Sports was cheaper than the others. What is the reason? Thanks
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that it is because it is not drawing as many guests and so they are trying to encourage people to stay at that resort by reducing the price.

Depending on the time of year, the all star resorts are home to cheer groups, youth sports teams and are also popular with larger tour groups (think Brazil). This makes the All Stars less popular with the average small family group looking to occupy a single room or two. Again this influx of larger parties is seasonal, so you may want to check to see when that busy time is.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Based on my visit I can agree with the above. The mix I saw was about 50 percent families, the rest was cheer or other random kids groups. The tour groups leave one or two rooms available here and there which we can get discounts on.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically, I just watched a video blog post last night that said it was absolutely the worst of the moderates. They cited that it is a little worn down, and they just didn't like the theming. I don't think that means it is BAD, and if it is cheaper, it could be well worth it for a short stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Ironically, I just watched a video blog post last night that said it was absolutely the worst of the moderates. They cited that it is a little worn down, and they just didn't like the theming. I don't think that means it is BAD, and if it is cheaper, it could be well worth it for a short stay.
    Disunplugged podcast by any chance? I've stayed at All Star Resorts my entire life. I've stayed during cheer groups, Brazil tourists, marathons, etc. I have never had a poor experience there as far as it being worn down. The All Stars have just been renovated and within my 20 year life I have seen the mattresses replaced twice. I think the All Stars get a bad rep from people who have experienced the nicer hotels or prefer to spend more time in the hotels. My family wakes up at 9am and we don't return until midnight or later. Therefore, we don't typically experience the noise from the cheer/Brazilian groups and don't need a nice hotel room. We have had lightbulbs go out, but that is an easy fix. The only negative experience I can state is the food court in the morning for breakfast--it's like a zoo! But again, an easy fix if you don't mind bringing food to the room or going to the parks for breakfast. I'd be interested in debating or opening a discussion on the All Stars because I believe they get an unjustifiable bad rep.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Ironically, I just watched a video blog post last night that said it was absolutely the worst of the moderates.
    It's a value resort not a moderate.

We like Sports very much and have stayed there many times. Depending on the season and/or length of our trip, we'll stay at Sports.
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

8. Likes sainter liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: