Quantcast Alone in Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Alone in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alone in Epcot

Not really....but it sure felt like it.
    Last week we had the latest reservation at teppan edo. When we left the pavillion the park was empty! There were several security guards within site but noone else. We finally saw a family in france but then didnt see anyone till canada. It was one of the coolest times in Epcot ever. There might have been a total of thirty people between spaceship earth and the bus.
    I need to remember to do that late ressie again!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that! We had a late reservation at Rose & Crown one trip, and there was a mix-up with our food, so we were the last people leaving ... and it felt like we walked through an empty park. The CM even met us at the bus stop to get a personal bus back to the resort. It was awesome!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We had a private bus ride home as well!

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly often walk around Epcot for an hour or more after park closing taking pictures. They usually are in no hurry to kick you out. Great time to soak it all in.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

That happened to us after a late night meal once but no one warned us that the bridge was open where they bring the barges through. Had to turn around and walk all the way around. It was pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

It happened once to me in MK, but because of weather not a late meal.

It was one of those rare instances where central Florida gets into the 20's, by time Spectral Magic rolled at 9pm the park was nearly empty in Frotierland. I was sitting on a bench near Pecos Bills's, the closest guest to me was in front of the shooting gallery. It was like having a private showing of the parade. I also got some great picks because all the characters in the parade would stop and pose for me.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

8. Likes madhatterrules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I honestly often walk around Epcot for an hour or more after park closing taking pictures. They usually are in no hurry to kick you out. Great time to soak it all in.
    Once I wanted to see how long I could stay until they asked me to leave. After Illuminations I sat on a bench somewhere near Japan I think. And sat... and sat... and sat... Eventually CM's started cleaning and moving things all around and it was like I was invisible. It was around 11:30 and I couldn't take it any more so I left without anyone ever saying a word to me.
    Jeff

10. Likes luvdiznee, magicofdisney, Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Being (nearly) alone in the parks late at night is kinda cool. You get a feeling for what it would be like all by yourself. One night (morning) my son an I stayed in MK 'til 3.a.m. (EMH during Christmas week). Our last ride of the night was at Splash Mountain. WE were the only riders we could see on the attarction. We had ponchos and didn't care about getting wet. We got off about 2:45 a.m., and as we walked back to the front of the park there was literally no one on the streets in Frontierland or Liberty Square. NOBODY. We saw only one other person in those two lands, a lonely CM standing at the door to Country Bear Jamboree, which for some reason was still open during EMH. It was eerie. We finally saw a few other guests straggling out of the park when we got up by 7DMT in Fantasyland. It had rained that evening , so I'm sure that eroded the crowd numbers. We took some selfies in the empty streets, I'm sure I'll probably never experience that again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

12. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    It happened once to me in MK, but because of weather not a late meal.

It was one of those rare instances where central Florida gets into the 20's, by time Spectral Magic rolled at 9pm the park was nearly empty in Frotierland. I was sitting on a bench near Pecos Bills's, the closest guest to me was in front of the shooting gallery. It was like having a private showing of the parade. I also got some great picks because all the characters in the parade would stop and pose for me.
    I too got a nearly private viewing of SpectroMagic late one night, right in front of Pecos Bill! It's a memory locked in the vault. That night it wasn't weather that dictated the crowds. It was an 11oclock (second run) of SpectroMagic during EMH.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I agree with John. My family will often take a leisurely stroll around WS at park closing. It's very relaxing!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome, A few years ago I went to An American Adventure, it was the last show of the night that began at the exact time the park closed. By the time it ended the country side was empty. It was such a magical moment. i took my time and walked to one end then back to the another. Kind of erie but cool all the same.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Epcot once during Illuminations, I had seen the show many times, so I decided to walk over to Future World, and there was hardly anyone around. I decided to ride Test Track, and I tried to time it so I was outside on the loop while fireworks were going off. I got on the ride with no one in line, no one on the ride. Only CMs were around. I remember riding the ride all by myself, it was very weird but cool. It's almost like I had my own Test Track ride to myself. Sure enough when I emerged to the outside fireworks were going off during Illuminations, pretty awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how impactful these moments can be ... I still to this day tell the story of when my brother and I did an "E-Ticket Night" (how many people remember those??) in early September. It honestly felt like we'd rented out the entire park for just us. There was NO ONE around anywhere.

I remember us coming off of Haunted Mansion (where they had let us ride around five times in a row without getting out of our Doom Buggy) and there was just no one anywhere in sight. It was so empty it almost felt like we were doing something wrong lol

Still one of my best ever Disney memories and that had to be twenty years ago.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

18. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Funny how impactful these moments can be ... I still to this day tell the story of when my brother and I did an "E-Ticket Night" (how many people remember those??)
    And remembering that they were like, $15 per person!!

I have a story similar to others - It was June of 2004, I believe, leaving the MK on a night it closed at 2am. We were the last people (so far as we could tell) on Splash and walked, all by ourselves, out of the park. So weird and so cool. Still have the castle pictures from that night sitting around somewhere.

I can't even conceive of MK being open at 2am these days and not being completely crammed. In fact, I'd be surprised to hear a story like mine or the others above from MK from the last five years.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, at 3am during Christmas week 2014 MK was pretty much empty. It did clear out a lot during that last hour from 2am to 3 am though. It was still an eerie feeling to be when nobody is around.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

21. Likes Mendelson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the best events we've ever been to... the 999 happy haunts ball. My family was in the stretching room all alone. Wish they hadn't stopped that event.
    3/88 & 3/91 off site
    3/02 ASMov
    10/03 ASSp
    5/04 adults only!(POP)
    11/04 ASMov
    1/06 CBR
    3/07 5th anniv.(POP)
    2/08 ASMov
    10/10 5k-solo trip!(ASMov)
    2/2011 princess half(POR)
    10/2012 MNSSHP(AoA)
    10/2014 ToT 10-miler(CBR)
    11/2017 family trip(POP)

FUTURE TRIPS
    1/2019 ASMusic

23. Thanks Genie1953 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My son-in-law and me went to EMH the week before Christmas in 2015 and literally walked onto Space Mountain and Big Thunder alone. So, yes, there are still times when you feel like you're by yourself...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

We had a great day in September 2010 at Animal Kingdom, arrived at the start of the day and no queues! We literally walked on Expedition Everest, then did the exact same thing a second time, then grabbed a Fastpass for later in the day! Assuming with the new Pandora area Animal Kingdom will not be anything like that this year!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: