Quantcast Dining Review: Sanaa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining Review: Sanaa

Unexpectedly, we had an extra night in the WDW area, so we made ressies at Sanaa for a late dinner, Easter week 2017. We like exploring places we've never got to yet at WDW, and we thoroughly loved Sanaa.

The food was amazing! We started with the Indian-style bread service, a fabulous appetizer with 5 types of flatbread and a host of flavorful dipping sauces. Super yummy! We have talked about this app for many days since eating here.

For our entrees, we got the lamb shank, the Braaivleis (a sampling of three grilled meats), the Potjie Inspired (again - choices - we got the braised beef and chickpea wat but this dish can be refashioned many different ways), and the duck. We loved everything. Truly flavorful and very elegant. The veggies and sides were all great too. The four of us ate everything.

We got no dessert, so sorry no info on sweets here.

The service was great, and the decor was beautiful. Very unusual and interesting, with a ceiling of trees and fun artwork.

Fair warning, my family are all fans of Indian food, so we imagined we would like it here. The food had Indian leanings, but was not overwhelmingly unusual or too spicy. The food here should appeal to people who like good food, not just Indian food. To box it in as only Indian cuisine would be a mistake, as it has much broader appeal with elements of African food as well.

Also, this was our first visit to Kidani Village, and we loved it. From Sanaa, there is an outdoor walkway platform ending in an animal-observation area with firepit and rocking chairs. Very fun and relaxing. Lots of animals roam this area (giraffes, wildebeest, etc.) and after dinner the resort brought out night vision scopes to observe the animals in the dark.

We will be back!
    Mr. K

Aug 1990 - The Disney Inn
    Nov 2005 - Pop Century
    Dec 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov 2009 - Pop Century
    Fall 2012 - Art of Animation
    June 2015 - POR
    April 2017 - Off Property

2. Thanks ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
    Likes JanetMegan, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt, Sanaa has become one of our favorite restaurants on property. The food, the service, the location, and the view - all very, very nice.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of our very favorites!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post
    Unexpectedly, we had an extra night in the WDW area, so we made ressies at Sanaa for a late dinner, Easter week 2017. We like exploring places we've never got to yet at WDW, and we thoroughly loved Sanaa.

The food was amazing! We started with the Indian-style bread service, a fabulous appetizer with 5 types of flatbread and a host of flavorful dipping sauces. Super yummy! We have talked about this app for many days since eating here.

For our entrees, we got the lamb shank, the Braaivleis (a sampling of three grilled meats), the Potjie Inspired (again - choices - we got the braised beef and chickpea wat but this dish can be refashioned many different ways), and the duck. We loved everything. Truly flavorful and very elegant. The veggies and sides were all great too. The four of us ate everything.

We got no dessert, so sorry no info on sweets here.

The service was great, and the decor was beautiful. Very unusual and interesting, with a ceiling of trees and fun artwork.

Fair warning, my family are all fans of Indian food, so we imagined we would like it here. The food had Indian leanings, but was not overwhelmingly unusual or too spicy. The food here should appeal to people who like good food, not just Indian food. To box it in as only Indian cuisine would be a mistake, as it has much broader appeal with elements of African food as well.

Also, this was our first visit to Kidani Village, and we loved it. From Sanaa, there is an outdoor walkway platform ending in an animal-observation area with firepit and rocking chairs. Very fun and relaxing. Lots of animals roam this area (giraffes, wildebeest, etc.) and after dinner the resort brought out night vision scopes to observe the animals in the dark.

We will be back!
    Do you consider this restaurant to be kid friendly (ages 4 and 8) in terms of food and atmosphere? I would love to try it on our next trip.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

8. Likes Mackflava99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Sanaa 3 times and each time has been excellent. The food and service are always good-

As for if its kid friendly - my twins were 5 the first time and we had a table near the window- so the animals helped. But I didn't see a reason why it wouldn't be.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

10. Thanks Fusillejerry thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fusillejerry View Post
    Do you consider this restaurant to be kid friendly (ages 4 and 8) in terms of food and atmosphere? I would love to try it on our next trip.
    I would definitely call this kid friendly. Great atmosphere and decor will be interesting for all ages. We all loved the food. My youngest is 12, but food for younger tastes will be found here. They did have a kids menu with many of the typical kids-choices too.
    Mr. K

Aug 1990 - The Disney Inn
    Nov 2005 - Pop Century
    Dec 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov 2009 - Pop Century
    Fall 2012 - Art of Animation
    June 2015 - POR
    April 2017 - Off Property

12. Likes Fusillejerry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was very helpful to know! I have a reservation here with our group in a few weeks, and I was feeling unsure about it. I don’t particularly care for Indian food, and while I enjoy Boma and Jiko I probably tend toward the more tamer choices on the menu. (Despite what it sounds like I’m not very picky about food in general, it’s just that some spices don’t agree with me.) Thinking good thoughts about Sanaa!

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of our favorites as well. We came upon it when we booked a "last minute" trip during free dining and could not get ADRs at any other places.

We love Indian/African/Middle Eastern food and are adventurous eaters.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: