Quantcast Asian Disney Parks (HK, Shanghai, Tokyo) - Advice?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Asian Disney Parks (HK, Shanghai, Tokyo) - Advice?

Greetings Intercot!

Well the flight to HK is booked and it's looking like this July will see me in HK, Shanghai, Beijing, and Tokyo! Exciting!

Tentatively the plan is for a day(ish) at HK Disneyland, at Shanghai Disneyland, and at Tokyo DisneySea (and possibly Land, too if the others don't reach a threshold).

Have you been to any of the Asian Disney parks?
    Any ticket advice? Prices don't seem to vary like Paris and the only real complication seems the lack of hopping options in Tokyo.

What to prioritize? I think I know the basics, but this trip won't be all about Disney so will have to do what we can at each park in limite amounts of time?

Thanks in advance for any tricks and tips! Exciting to think of the possibilities!
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey! Sounds like such an awesome trip. I haven't been (on my bucket list) but my favorite Disney blog, "Disney Tourist Blog" aka the fabulous Tom Bricker has been, and has excellent blog posts about Shanghai and HK. I've been going to WDW my whole life, and all of his reviews, tips, and suggestions are always spot on, from dining reviews, to park plans, to photography tips. If you get a change I would highly recommend checking out his blog. I don't know him personally, but love his blog and wealth of Disney knowledge.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

4. Thanks Awesome_guy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Sounds like a great trip! In HK, you can (could in 2016 anyway) get discount passes to HK Disneyland from the MTR (in the stations), but they are good for a specific day only. So if you know the exact day you're going, you can save, IIRC, like $15 USD.

HK has some unique rides (versus US), Mystic Manor being one that both my wife and I loved and rode multiple times. Toy Story Land was cool to look at, but really only​ the RC Racer ride stood out.

One thing - Stitch's Great Escape is in Mandarin, Cantonese, and English at different times. They are semi-refused to let me in during the Cantonese one, insisting I come back during the English one (I'm white, wife in HK-ese - they assumed we only spoke English,I guess). But the other shows were no issue and had subtitles.

They have some good snacks there too!

Have fun!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Awesome_guy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

INTERCOTee's NotAGeek (Michael) and Melanie have been to Hong Kong/Shanghai and Tokyo, respectively.

If they don't happen to see this thread, you could send try sending them a PM.

You can also hear about Michael's recent combined Hong Kong and Shanghai trip on Episode #91 of the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

8. Thanks Awesome_guy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like an amazing trip you have planned. PLEASE write up a trip report afterwards so we can read all about it!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

10. Thanks Awesome_guy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Back home and we actually did it! HK, Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland, AND Tokyo Disneysea! Working on a bit of a trip report as we speak!

Thanks all!

t
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

12. Likes PopPhan, Figment! liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: