Quantcast Online Check-in

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Online Check-in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online Check-in

We'll be at AKL next month and I'm convinced that I should probably check-in online.

When can I check-in? Will they notify me if the room is ready before the standard check-in time? Say noon or so if the room is ready?

The day we check-in is not a park day and I would like to settle into the room after lunch to rest from our travels before visiting Disney Springs and playing at the pool.

Thanks in advance

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're going next month, you should be able to check in now (60 days prior to arrival). They should notify you when your room is ready. Last year, our room was ready around noon, and we received a text message then. When you check in, you can state your anticipated arrival time, you can also state your choices for room location etc. However you can click that your first choice is to have the room ready as early as possible, we usually select that if we want to relax after a long day of traveling.

**Just remember, that any selection is just a request, not a guarantee.**

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    We'll be at AKL next month and I'm convinced that I should probably check-in online.

When can I check-in? Will they notify me if the room is ready before the standard check-in time? Say noon or so if the room is ready?

The day we check-in is not a park day and I would like to settle into the room after lunch to rest from our travels before visiting Disney Springs and playing at the pool.

Thanks in advance
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    ~Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that now they don't text you. Instead you just check your My Disney Experience app and there is a place there that will show you your room number. They put the room number in as soon as the room is ready for you.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

The last couple times we did early check in.
    Both times when we got off the plane we had a text saying our room was ready and to proceed to the room. Both times it was before 3pm.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genie1953 View Post
    I read somewhere that now they don't text you. Instead you just check your My Disney Experience app and there is a place there that will show you your room number. They put the room number in as soon as the room is ready for you.
    I got an email last month when our room was ready. Although my cell # is connected to MDE, I have not gotten a text in the last few trips. I always get an email, though.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

7. Likes Wendy Darling liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably going to sound silly, especially in our quick-access society, but I really don't like the online check-in. I miss going to the lobby. I miss the excitement of waiting in line to register and meet the cast member, who is ALWAYS so excited for our return to Walt Disney World, and to give us our room key and our calendar and our list of events, as well as our directions to our room. Getting off the bus and going directly to the room is a great convenience, and I am probably the only one on this forum that does not like it.

9. Likes lindique liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When doing online check-in, if I want my room to be available before check-in time I usually put in my estimated arrival as an hour before my expected actual arrival. I always receive a text at that estimated arrival time, and often it says my room isn't quite ready yet, but I feel like they really do their best so typically I receive a text within the next hour saying it's ready.

Always keep in mind though if you are visiting at a busier time of year, that you may not get in before check-in time. As an example: I've had our DVC room be ready at 11am in mid-January but not until exactly 4pm during the Christmas season. And in general, I've found my DVC rooms to generally be ready later than my non-DVC rooms. I visit more frequently than the amount of points I have so I'm usually there at least once per year on cash rather than points.
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all! I haven't done the online check-in yet. I'm in no hurry to do that because there is no incentive to do it this soon.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: