I am a huge "Fixer Upper" fan. This summer we are looking for a little low key getaway. I would love to go to Waco, Texas to visit the silos that have been made famous by my favorite TV series. However, the things I would like to do will hardly be considered a "vacation" for my teen boys.

What other things are there to do in Waco? I know there is the Dr. Pepper Museum, and Baylor University. What about BSR cable park? I know my boys would love it, but looking at pictures online the water looks....not so inviting! Is the water at the cable park, specifically in the lazy river, clear? We have been tubing near San Antonio and the water there was crystal clear. The pics I have seen of the cable park lazy river look kinda green. Anyone been who can better describe the water conditions?

Any other suggestions for things for teen boys to do in Waco, Texas and surrounding areas welcome! Also suggestions on places to stay, eat and other things to do for the whole family would be appreciated! Thanks!