Quantcast Sling TV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Sling TV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sling TV

After finding out we pay $127 a month for cable--deceptively hidden in the bundle billing--we're going to dump it and find an alternative. I investigated Sling TV which looks very attractive, but the one downside it seems is you cannot pause live programming or record. Is there some way to do this alternatively if you have Sling TV...or is there another service which you can do that?

I also heard that YouTube is coming out with an alternative to cable. Does anyone know about that?

Thank you!
    G-Force!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You cannot pause or record. There is always a selection of tv shows that you can watch on demand, it varies from station to station, and some of the channels allow you to restart whatever you were watching from the beginning if you pop in half way through.

We've had sling tv for over a year now and have ZERO regrets. We do the $20 package plus the $5 kids programming. We also picked up hulu ($8) to watch some of the other shows we like.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

We briefly tried Sling, but had issues with the quality and reliability. It seems like maybe it was just a bad day or it has improved from things I have read recently. We have reduced our cable plan to the lowest available and watch most things on Netflix and Amazon.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be glad when the FCC deregulates cable and gives the power to the consumer. I could probably get away with 6 to 12 channels.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

6. Likes Fusillejerry, barnaby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
    After finding out we pay $127 a month for cable--deceptively hidden in the bundle billing--we're going to dump it and find an alternative. I investigated Sling TV which looks very attractive, but the one downside it seems is you cannot pause live programming or record. Is there some way to do this alternatively if you have Sling TV...or is there another service which you can do that?

I also heard that YouTube is coming out with an alternative to cable. Does anyone know about that?

Thank you!
    https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

You get a lot of the network/broadcast TV stuff, plus some extras, so it looks like a good replacement for basic cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! YouTube TV sounds great! Just about all the channels I regularly watch, and at a reasonable price! I wonder how quality & reliability are though. Anyway, it's not available in my area yet, so it's a moot point. When it is, I'll certainly revisit.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: