Quantcast Parade/Firework Viewing Spots?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parade/Firework Viewing Spots?

This will be my first trip to WDW with my husband, who will be in a wheelchair. I thought I remembered something of their being special viewing areas for parades and fireworks for those in wheelchairs/special needs, but I wanted to see if that was the case. If so, do I need to reserve spots in advance, like a fastpass?
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The one time I traveled with someone in a wheel chair (my wife broke her ankle 2 weeks before we went in 2006), we were not able to make reservations for the viewing areas, they were strictly first come first serve. I think it is still this way, but you may want to check the official Disney website to see if it has any info about the viewing areas.

There are special viewing areas for all the parades and firework, you just need to ask a cast member where they are (Fanatasmic is an exception as a cast member will grab you as you enter the arena and guide you to the first available handicap viewing space).
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! And is there a limit to the number of people who can be with the person in the wheelchair? I'm traveling with a party of 6, and I would like us all to watch them together if possible.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to this site https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu...-disabilities/ and go to the bottom, there are links to the park maps for people with disabilities that show where the HC viewing areas are located.

Also, it is a good site that should answer most of your questions. The 6 people may be able to join you unless it is too crowded and they need to make room for additional people in wheelchairs.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

At MK I always use the handicap in Liberty Square for the parades. Most times it is quite crowded and only one other person is allowed. Last month we were able to have 3 others join me.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: