Quantcast New Race Course for Dark Side Half

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Race Course for Dark Side Half

So if you have not heard...the Race Course for Disney's Dark Side Half Marathon has changed..and we will be running through THREE Disney Parks. Sounds Awesome ...right?! It does...until you realize...that the Start and the Finish are in two different places now. Which makes it hard for your "Cheerers". For my husband who will be wrangling the 3 boys he will have to decide on one place...either saying GOODBYE and GOOD LUCK to me or YA YOU DID IT!! He can't be at both places..and NO more MAIN STREET cheerers!!! UGH! Not a fan.

Either way..GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU RUNNERS!!! Disney I know will put on an amazing show!
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    So if you have not heard...the Race Course for Disney's Dark Side Half Marathon has changed..and we will be running through THREE Disney Parks. Sounds Awesome ...right?! It does...until you realize...that the Start and the Finish are in two different places now. Which makes it hard for your "Cheerers". For my husband who will be wrangling the 3 boys he will have to decide on one place...either saying GOODBYE and GOOD LUCK to me or YA YOU DID IT!! He can't be at both places..and NO more MAIN STREET cheerers!!! UGH! Not a fan.

Either way..GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU RUNNERS!!! Disney I know will put on an amazing show!
    I have been looking at course maps and Google Earth trying to figure it out. IF it's possible to get to Boardwalk, I think in front of Big River Grille will be where i am cheering
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!

I am not participating in this one, but I read about a recent race (maybe last year's dark side?) that started at the usual Epcot parking lot and ended at ESPN. I remember there were soooooo many complaints and the line for busses to return to the start (because people needed to get their vehicles) was HORRIBLE!!!!!

So no more cheerers on Main Street? I wonder if this is going to be the new norm or if it is just for this race....

Good luck everyone!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't start and end at the same place? That seems rather annoying ... and a bit of a transportation challenge. Why the change?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I'm not the biggest fan of this BIG change! I thought..oh cool it'll run by Star Wars/Star Tours area at Hollywood Studios...NOPE! Just a big let down all around. And again NO areas for family to view you unless you pay ANOTHER fee to the already COSTLY Disney race price
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

The new half marathon course is way better than last year's Dark Side race. Last year's race also was a point-to-point start/finish. Wine&Dine is also this way. I like the variety as it gives for more opportunities to see different scenery. I'm so looking forward to this race!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I read there will be buses from the start to the finish for family to get there. I think that is what I'm going to do to cheer for the 10K if I can't figure out how to get to the Beach Club to cheer on the route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    It doesn't start and end at the same place? That seems rather annoying ... and a bit of a transportation challenge. Why the change?
    Last year the race also started and finished in different locations. Wine&Dine also does this. Gives variety to the races.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    I have been looking at course maps and Google Earth trying to figure it out. IF it's possible to get to Boardwalk, I think in front of Big River Grille will be where i am cheering
    It looks like the 10K goes past the Beach Club and the half, the Boardwalk. 👍

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Oh no!

I am not participating in this one, but I read about a recent race (maybe last year's dark side?) that started at the usual Epcot parking lot and ended at ESPN. I remember there were soooooo many complaints and the line for busses to return to the start (because people needed to get their vehicles) was HORRIBLE!!!!!

So no more cheerers on Main Street? I wonder if this is going to be the new norm or if it is just for this race....

Good luck everyone!
    Hi Carrie! Currently, only the January half marathon and marathon, and the Princess half marathon run though the MK. I don't think this would ever change. The other half marathon races (Dark Side and Wine&Dine) don't go through the MK in order to go through the other three parks.

The difference this year is an improvement over last year since it ends in EPCOT instead of ESPN. Parking is only available at EPCOT and everyone is bused to the start at the MK parking lot so cars would be at the finish. I think this will fix the issues of last year.

12. Likes magicofdisney, cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    It looks like the 10K goes past the Beach Club and the half, the Boardwalk. 👍
    That what I thought I saw too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Hi Carrie! Currently, only the January half marathon and marathon, and the Princess half marathon run though the MK. I don't think this would ever change. The other half marathon races (Dark Side and Wine&Dine) don't go through the MK in order to go through the other three parks.

The difference this year is an improvement over last year since it ends in EPCOT instead of ESPN. Parking is only available at EPCOT and everyone is bused to the start at the MK parking lot so cars would be at the finish. I think this will fix the issues of last year.
    Hey, Sally Mae! It's good to know that they addressed last year's problem with the finish. I wrongly assumed that all the halfs run through Main Street. Do you like the other courses that hit the 3 parks? My least favorite course of the races I've done was the marathon weekend half (Donald Duck Half).
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    Do you like the other courses that hit the 3 parks? My least favorite course of the races I've done was the marathon weekend half (Donald Duck Half).
    Hi Carrie! I really liked the new course for the Dark Side half. I love running through AK and around the Boardwalk. It will be really great once Star Wars Land is complete. I'm sure the course will be routed through it.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: