Quantcast Brunch at the Top-Review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brunch at the Top-Review

On Sunday March 19th my husband and I had the amazing opportunity to have Brunch at the California Grill. The cost was $80 PP (and I believe we got 10% with my annual pass.) It included valet parking but we were coming from a morning at MK so that was not needed.

We arrived at check in on the 3rd floor and rode the elevator up. In all my trips to WDW this was actually my first time ever up here. What a view!!!!

We were offered a mimosa but I asked if we could just have champagne and it was no problem. We were seated and offered additional drinks. DH had diet coke and I stuck with water and champagne. (Press pot coffee and other fresh juices were also available.)

The server explained how things worked and we headed to the buffet area. (There was an option for a pretty amazing Bloody Mary add on but it was going to be $16-ouch.) The buffet included salads (a kale one, a whole grain one and a REALLY tasty mini wedge (I'm a sucker for the wedge.)) There were also multiple sushi options which were so good. Nothing like a Cali Roll made with real crab instead of Krab. There was a very nice charcuterie board, a fruit and yogurt section (who wastes room on that?) and a choice of three breads (one was GF). There were also bagels with lox and other fancy toppings. Hope I'm not forgetting anything. We made a couple trips to the buffet and then ordered our entree from the menu. (Our server did a GREAT job keeping our champagne glasses full as well.)

I ordered the lobster eggs Benedict and hubby ordered the hanger steak with an extra side of bacon (they also brought sausage?) and then we shared both entrees. WOW. Over the top delicious. We were getting very stuffed and then they brought a really cute dessert plate to share with chocolate bark, madelines, macaroons, these little raspberry cookies and some chocolate truffle type candies. We munched on them a bit and then had the rest packed to go (luckily I had carried a small bag that day.) We enjoyed them very much our first sad night back at home.

As I mentioned in my trip report your receipt also gains you access back to the balcony for Wishes which we really enjoyed. So while it was an expensive meal I really felt like it was worth it. One of my best, if not the best, Disney dining experience I have ever had.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Likes Fangorn liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree 100%. We did this in October (a birthday present for me), and it was well worth the cost. Food was incredible. We made the same entree choices, except DW mention to our server that she was torn, because she really wanted to try the blueberry pancakes. He brought her those as well as her steak. I'm not a big pancake fan, but they were fantastic.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: