Quantcast Spring (Break) Weekend Day 4 Sun March 19th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring (Break) Weekend Day 4 Sun March 19th

A fairly awesome day...

We were up early as usual and with MK's new opening procedure we went ahead and walked to the boat dock at WL right at 8am for the 9am opening. Except...no one was there. Hmmm. Turns out after I read the sign that the boats only run 1/2 hour before opening. I would think maybe they would look into changing that now that you can access Main Street for an hour before opening? Who knows. We caught a bus and made it to MK by 8:30, very quickly through security and bag check (they had it set up on the side right where you came off the buses which was nice.)

We walked in and veered off left and waited in front of Adventureland for about 20 mins. They then announced Pirates was having issues and wouldn't open right at 9am. That was fine, we were headed to Jungle Cruise first (one of hubs favorites.) We ended up on the first boat out and were headed to Pirates by 9:07am. Pirates was still down so we headed to Big Thunder, also down (hmmmm). So we decided to hop on Splash Mtn as there was no wait. It was a little chilly but warmer than the last couple mornings and Leslie asked if we would get wet. I was like nah I'm sure when it's chilly they turn off those jet water cannons that soak you. Wrong. It was probably the wettest I had ever gotten on that ride. It was fun though and after a few hours we dried out (ha ha.)

Big Thunder was still down when we got off Splash so we headed to Haunted Mansion with maybe a 10 min wait and then I checked my App and it said Big Thunder was open so we criss crossed back there and hopped on with maybe a 20 min wait (it was over an hour by the time we got off we were having a really lucky time.)

We walked back to Pirates and it was still down but by the time we ducked into the bathroom over there and came back out people were filing in, great timing again. Well except after about 15 mins in line with no movement it was evident there was still an issue. They led us back out and gave us paper fast passes for later for any ride other than 7DMT or Peter Pan (score!)

It was time for our 7DMT FP so we headed over and did that before leaving the park via monorail to head to brunch at Cali Grill.

OMG ya'll. It was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. I will write up an in-depth review for the dining board later today so be sure to check it out. As a plus my pants and underwear were almost dry by brunch time ha ha!

We monorailed back to the MK like sloths full of food and champagne and headed to our next FP at Peter Pan. It was getting much busier by this time. We then had FP for Pirates which was back up and running and after we used that one I quickly snagged another for Pooh on our way to Tomorrowland. Small World was over 30 mins (??) so we never did get to ride this trip-DH was fine with that.

We used our paper FP for Space Mountain which was very lucky as I had pretty much assured hubs we wouldn't get to ride that this trip with the wait times. We then relaxed on the Peoplemover and decided that it was time to head back to the hotel. It was about the limit of "fun" for the day for my husband and his feet hurt

We relaxed awhile at the pool (and went down the slide) and spent some time in our room before getting re-dressed and boating back to the Contemp. Our Brunch receipt gained us access to the balcony for Wishes viewing. We got there a little too early and enjoyed a drink at the bar and greeted our great server from the morning. Wishes from that vantage point outside is just amazing. So glad I got to see it like this before the new show starts.

We ate dinner later at Contempo Cafe (burger for him, pasta for me that was just ok) and then boated back to WL with a little viewing of the Water Pageant.

A really great, neat day!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really was a fairly awesome day!! Glad everything turned out so well for you!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If I recall, Thunder Mt. continued to have issues on and off throughout the rest of the day and evening! Thanks for sharing.

Mar 2017 ASMU
    2016 OKW
    2014 BCV
    2013 WLV
    2012 POFQ/ DCL!!
    2009 POFQ; Sept. DL
    2007 POFQ; Dec. DL
    2004-3X CSR, Pop Century, POFQ/Poly
    2002 YC
    1999 BW Villa
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1994 GF
    1992 & 93 CBR
    1989 GF
    1985-89 Lived in CA; many DL trips
    1971-1984 CR, Poly, & FW several times

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Don't you love it when the timing of things just seems to fall into place?
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Thanks for writing up your day!
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: