Quantcast fastpass hack?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: fastpass hack?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fastpass hack?

I recently went on trip with just husband. My phone could not handle the app( too old) so making fast passes was hard. My DD was home and I texted her and had her add herself to the party and then make fast passes for me from home. Each time we went on a ride I texted her and she made another FP and off we went. We did this all day everyday no problems. Rode everything we wanted with no wait whatsoever. We park hopped and it still worked. I would say I had easy 10+ fast passes each day maybe more like 15. It was awesome.

Question is this a hack , did we get lucky or is it the way it should be done.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is exactly how you should use FP+! (other than the texting the daughter part ... that was just smart of you).

We had a day in MK like that last trip, we used our three booked FP, and then just kept booking the next one and the next one and the next one all day ... it was wonderful! I love that you can book FP from the app, instead of having to line up at the kiosks.

However, on a really crowded day, there may not be much left to select as FP attractions, but on not-so-crazy days, or for the less popular rides, this is indeed perfect.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

4. Thanks waymickey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Texting your daughter since you didn't have a MDE app was pretty genius IMO. We've had days where we could get FP after FP and we've had days where we couldn't find a whole lot after our initial 3. that's just the luck of the draw.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

6. Thanks waymickey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On our recent trip once we used our initial 3 FP we were able to book another one as soon as we got in line for each ride. It seemed as soon as we scanned our bands for our current FP we could select the next one. Worked that way for us all week.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

8. Thanks waymickey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not consider this a "hack" as much as a smart work around for your situation for a phone that won't handle the app.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

10. Thanks waymickey thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant bit of problem solving, if you ask me.

Steve

12. Thanks waymickey thanked for this post
    Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So you were able to make a fast pass as soon as you used one? I thought you had to use all three before being able to get another? am I wrong?
    Had previous account but can no longer access :(
    8 previous trips, including honeymoon.
    Two kids 5 & 7 years old.
    One of 'those' WDW fans.

Next: POFQ, our home! April 2018!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mandaep View Post
    So you were able to make a fast pass as soon as you used one? I thought you had to use all three before being able to get another? am I wrong?
    I never made three to start. I just had my daughter make them as we went. I texted her said we are in fantasy land what is available. She would say peter pan or Dumbo. I told her which to make. She made it and we walked on . As soon as i scanned our magic bands she would make another. She would text me where to head next as I came off the ride. We would finish off a land and move to the next based on FP availability. We did most of Mk with no waits at all. Except SDMT. Which we did not ride.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Texting your daughter since you didn't have a MDE app was pretty genius IMO. We've had days where we could get FP after FP and we've had days where we couldn't find a whole lot after our initial 3. that's just the luck of the draw.
    We have had good and bad days too. The worst is when your FP+ is late in the day so you are locked in. However we've had others where we can sometimes get in 7 to 10 attractions. I agree that in theory that's how FP+ should work. Just like the good old days when you would run from kiosk to kiosk for tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by mandaep View Post
    Absolutely! But only as they are available as others have noted. In a way it's a bit like the old FP system where you could grab a new ticket once your current was complete.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great plan. I am now going to schedule our fastpass+ for as early as possible and then plan to try and get some more as the day progresses.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: