Quantcast Spring (Break) Weekend Trip-Day 1 March 16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring (Break) Weekend Trip-Day 1 March 16

So I thought I would try to take a few mins to type up the very good, slightly bad and a bit ugly from our trip this past weekend.

Cast-Me-39-Many Many trips
    Hubby-53-3rd trip

I'm happy to say I feel like my better half is finally coming along as far as enjoyment of Disney related things. He'll never be as big of a fan as I am but I do feel like he was looking forward to it.

We left out Thursday at 6am to beat traffic and arrived just a bit after 1:30 or so. Just a gas stop and an Arby's stop on the way. Weather was chilly when we arrived and original pool plans were scrapped. Wilderness Lodge is still a favorite but I will be very ready to have construction done. My last 4 trips there have been marred by construction.

They tried to give us a room on the first floor that looked out onto an construction fence. Literally just that, nothing else so luckily we were able to swap to a room on the third floor but we had to give up our King bed. Worth it. I was actually sick (again) and happier in my own queen bed as I was trying not to get hubby sick. We were also happy later in the weekend to realize how many people were walking past those first floor rooms to get to the boat dock since the main exit by Roaring Fork was closed off (and Roaring Fork was closed as well.). We unpacked, had some cocktails (love being able to drive and bring whatever we want!). Then we set off for exploring. We started off checking out the new Gyser Point area at WL, very nice. They had some heaters going and it was quite a nice area, a great addition to the resort. Next it was time to head out (bundled up big time!)

We boated our way to the Contemp via Fort Wilderness and just shopped, pin traded, drank and explored. Then it was monorail to Poly for more of the same, drink, shop, pin trade, repeat. This is where things got a little sticky. It was getting to be close (45 mins) from our ADR at The Wave back at the Contemp so we decided to skip Grand Floridian and monorail right back to the Contemp. Except the monorail never came...they kept telling us to wait until about 15 mins before our ADR when they told everyone to go take a boat to their destination. Well it was way too late to try to get there in any regular way. We would have had to boat, boat or boat, walk etc. So we resorted to Uber which of course since the monorail was down (come to find out it was both lines down) we had a bit of a wait and a higher price. So $9 (still not bad) and 15 mins late for our ADR we arrived. It must have been a bad omen. We waited a bit for a table that sort of faced a column and a wall but I figured, hey we were late. Also the place was mobbed. Probably busiest I have ever seen. It's usually pretty quiet. Service sufffered. It was 30 mins before we got a drink and our food didn't come for over an hour after we arrived. My scallops were an array of raw to burned. They also came full of sand. I sent it back and just asked for it to be removed from the bill, I wasn't waiting for something else. It was too bad that one of my favorites was a disappointment. But I really do feel like it was a fluke.

We caught a boat quickly back to the WL (a VERY cold ride.). But we were pooped and I was still feeling rotten so we slept pretty well.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes eam liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard when you arrive at your destination with such high hopes of a pleasant weekend to have several things go badly right off the bat - from your room assignment to the monorail breakdown to a bad dinner experience. Hope things look up quickly!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: