Quantcast 1st TIME @BOARDWALK....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st TIME @BOARDWALK....

So after numerous trips to the World we are looking at a new accommodation this time around - The Boardwalk! Me, DW and the two DS' (15 and 17) this August. Have never really investigated this option before so what are some general pros and/or cons anyone out there has experienced regarding a Boardwalk stay?
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have only stayed at this location once but enjoyed our stay. We liked the ability to walk to either Epcot or Disney Studios. Given that you can also walk to the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin, not to mention the eateries on the Boardwalk, you have lots of dining options at your fingertips. We had a Boardwalk view from which we could see the higher fireworks from Illuminations which was nice as was being able to people watch Boardwalk from our balcony.

The only negative we experienced was that our room was a mighty long walk from the balcony - about as long as it could get and still be in that resort. Others have mentioned they do not like the pool theming though it did not bother us.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Boardwalk is our home resort and had a nice stay there last year. As mentioned above, location is a big plus because you really don't have to use the bus to get to two parks and can walk or use the boat to EPCOT or DHS. We only used the bus to AK, walked thru EPCOT and jumped on the Monorail to MK. We enjoyed the time relaxing on the Boardwalk at night and the different restaurant options available were good too. We had a standard view 1 Bedroom and had a longer walk to the lobby area, but it wasn't that bad. Pools were nice and rooms were recently refurbished.

Enjoy your stay!

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at the Boardwalk. I really did enjoy the hotel. The best part for me was the ability to walk into World Showcase (which is pretty much my favorite area of Disney!). Also like that it is walking distance to Disney Studios. Additionally, the nightly street performers are great! We would come back from the parks and watch them.

The only reason we haven't stayed there since is due to pricing. We like to take an 8-night trip since we drive. 8 nights at Boardwalk is very pricey!!! We aren't at our hotel enough to justify the expense. But if the expense is not an issue, I think it is a great option.

March 2017 - Pop Century
    November 2015 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
    November 2013 - POR
    May 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    October 2007 - Disneyland
    January 2005 - Riverside
    December 2004 - Riverside
    August 2000 - Coronado Springs
    December 1996 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We loved it! Especially because our son was little. Almost like a park itself to a little guy! As we've all grown and gotten older we like the proximity to World Showcase best. When our APs are active or we're park hopping, its a wonderful way in to eat something fun, and you can "walk it off" going back to the resort!
    16 FW, SS
    15 CS, FW
    14 CS,FW,POR
    13 BCW
    12 BC
    11 BC
    10 FW
    09 DEC
    08 FW,POR
    07 OK, SS, CBR, POR
    06 POLY,AS,FW,YC
    05 SS,FW
    04 GF,CR,POLY,POP,ASM
    03 BC,WL
    02 AKL
    01 WLV,GF
    00 BC
    99 POLY, POR
    98 CS,BW
    97 C
    96 FQ,OK
    95 CB,BW
    94 WL
    93 OKW
    92 DL
    91 RMG
    90 RMG
    83 TH
    76 V
    71 HI

Post Thanks / Like

Boardwalk is the first (and only, so far) deluxe resort I've stayed at and it was a huge upgrade from my usual Pop Century. Like, 0 to 60 in under a minute. I loved it! The themeing of the hotel space, lobby, pool areas, grounds, and eateries is superb. I found the cast members friendly and welcoming, very helpful from the second I stepped off the Magical Express. The bedroom was very comfortable and I had a view overlooking the bus stops but still enjoyed my balcony. The Boardwalk side can get noisy at night so beware if you have little kids with earlier bed times, or if you need silence to sleep. The biggest difference for me was the inside hallway, that was a big change, lol! If you're used to the large food courts of Values and Moderates, you will not find that at Boardwalk, but I enjoyed going to Boardwalk Bakery in the morning for coffee and breakfast, and Picaboo's is a short walk away over at the Swan/Dolphin area (it's cafeteria style and open 24 hours!). As many have said, you can't beat the location! You are close to EPCOT and the Studios by foot or boat, and I never had a long wait for a bus anywhere else. The Boardwalk side is fun and entertaining, Jellyrolls of course is a must, and there are interesting shops and great restaurants and some street entertainment. Not to mention a margarita stand!

I really hope you enjoy your stay, I would book there again in a heartbeat!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a 1 bedroom in the villa. Loved it. 1 caveat is I got cold in the hallways!
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We are Boardwalk people! We pretty much stay there every trip (that being said this year, I'm staying at the BLT for a week - my least favorite & the Dolphin for a long weekend).

Pretty much only one negative - your room could be a mile away from the elevator. After a long day out at the parks - it can be daunting. Ok I lied - another negative could be that the pool bar closes early

The rest - its like its own little community - you can walk to Swan\Dolphin, Beach Club & Epcot in a matter of minutes. So many different choices to eat, so many activities for the kids. DVC presence there even allows the kids from the Inn to participate. Everyone - even the people who stay there are super friendly, kind & considerate.

It is spread out - so there's no feeling of claustrophobia or that you're on top of each other.

Enjoy your stay there!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

we have stayed at a variety of hotels at Disney World and the Boardwalk is my favorite. We were lucky to receive a surprise upgrade when we checked in, and we had a corner room with a balcony and a lake - side view of Crescent Lake. It was spectacular. I love the walk to Epcot. I also love all the shops along the Boardwalk. We stayed at winter, so I have no comment about the pool. I never even saw it. I still want to go back again.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

We are DVC members and I think out of all the places we have stayed, my favorite room of all time was a 1 bedroom that walked right out to the main pool. We've stayed on the inn side as well and in a room all the way near the parking lot which took a lot of distance out of the walk to DHS. Having the option of walking to the Itnl gateway, DHS, vast array of restaurants, and having a funnel cakes stand at your fingertips is all you can ask for.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: