Quantcast Eletrical Water Pageant and transportation back to the resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Eletrical Water Pageant and transportation back to the resort?

I'm determined this trip to see the Electrical Water Pageant. I've made 7:30pm reservations at The Wave at the Contemporary Resort. According to the schedule, it will be viewable from the following locations at about these times:
    9:00pm - Polynesian Village
    9:15pm - Grand Floridian
    9:30pm - Wilderness Lodge
    9:45pm - Fort Wilderness
    10:10pm - Contemporary Resort

I'm traveling solo in an ECV (so I am reliant on Disney Transportation). Magic Kingdom is closing at 9pm that night. If I stay at the Contemporary to watch the show, will the buses from Magic Kingdom (or from TTC) to the resorts still be running? Or based on how long dinner takes (I'm thinking about an hour since it's just me), should I try and hop the monorail to catch it at Grand Floridian and then get back to the AKL via bus from either the MK or TTC? I saw somewhere that the buses to and from Disney Springs run until 2am. Would it be best just to stay put, take a bus to Disney Springs and then transfer to one to AKL?

Has anyone done this? I know if I wasn't in an ECV, I could probably just use Uber to get back. However, that is not really an option this trip.

Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would probably watch from the Grand Floridian and then catch a bus to Disney Springs. In Disney Springs transfer to a bus to AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I would look t what time the last ADR is for CRT or BOG that night. I would think the buses will still be running til at least 10. However, have you considered eating at Narcoossee's? You could go directly out onto the deck and watch the EWP. I know there is a major price difference but after dining at both, especially solo it could be a great and relaxing experience.

Over the years we have watched the EWP literally from everywhere on property so just go and enjoy it and remember worst case scenario - seek out a CM and they will get you back to your resort. I have had CMs call for a bus back to the POLY after a long nigjt out with my Gram. Have faith & believe in the magic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I hate heading to Disney Springs to transfer back to a resort. It always seems to take forever, both because Disney Springs is a bit out of the way to most resorts and because the whole thing always seems to take forever!

Yes, MK transportation will still be running at 10pm. If you have time after dinner, I'd head over to the GF and watch from there, but don't worry if that doesn't work out.

If you're not set on the Wave, perhaps the Grand Floridian Café would also make a nice meal, in the not-crazy-expensive price range? It will be easier to get back to MK from the GF, at least if you're planning on using the monorail.

Enjoy!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Oh...completely forgot about GF Cafe - awesome suggestion. Definitely a stop for us on most trips.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to do GF Café another night, but I may be able to flip the reservations (if I'm lucky). Right now, I keep getting "Sorry for the Paws".
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Post Thanks / Like

Do something you never done. For an Adventure, enjoy your meal and then go down to docks and watch the EWP. Catch a boat over to Wilderness Lodge and enjoy a Beverage. Catch a Bus out front that will get you back to AKL. Just ask the Cast Member, they will get you home.
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Hi- You could always eat dinner at the Kona Cafe at the Poly, see the show then walk over to the TTC to catch the bus over to your resort. I have not eaten there in years but it gets great reviews. Have fun.