Quantcast Sling TV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Sling TV

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sling TV

We're thinking of dumping cable for Sling TV. Can anyone offer pros and cons of Sling TV?

Thank you!
    G-Force!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was interested in it, but in my area to get the fastest internet speed (150 mps), without cable was the same price as getting the 150mps internet with cable.

Sling offers a 7 days free trial, you could take advantage of that to see if Sling meets your needs before you cut the cord.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

We've had sling for almost a year now. We have zero regrets cutting cable and switching to this. Cannot beat the $25 a month price tag. I highly suggest pre paying for 3 months and getting a free roku box. The amazon fire stick's speed is not great, the roku 2 or 3 is great.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Also to address the above question, we don't have the fastest speed available on internet, we have whatever the basic offering for Timer Warner cable is in our area and it works great. We found our hardware (Roku 2/Roku 3/Fire stick) to be a much bigger determinant as to the quality of the stream.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the channels you need/want, you might also look at the PlayStation Vue service. You don't need a playstation to use it. There are a few 'Sling TV vs. Playstation Vue' comparisons out there if you want to get an idea of the differences.

Post Thanks / Like

I dumped cable and now have Netflix + Hulu + Sling, and all of that is still cheaper than what my husband and I were paying for cable! We have smart TVs, (one is Roku), so making the switch was easy. We are really happy with our decision.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: