I figured it would take me 10 years to get Mr. Lincoln going. Well, I had him in what we called Mark I and I had him under manual control. Robert Moses was getting the World's Fair going, and he came out. He came and visited Disneyland. He wanted to visit the studio. He was trying to get ideas on what could be done. So I had him meet Abraham Lincoln. I said, 'Would you like to meet Mr. Lincoln?' He gave me a funny look. I said, 'Well come on in - meet him.' So when he walked in the door, I said, 'Mr. Lincoln meet Mr. Moses," and Lincoln stood up and put his hand out and Moses went over and shook hands with him. Well Moses is quite a showman and he said, 'I've got to have Lincoln in the Fair.' But I said 'This is five years away anyway.' But Moses wouldn't take no for an answer. The next thing I knew he had gotten with the State of Illinois and was trying to sell them on a Pavilion. And before I knew it, I had my arm twisted and I said, 'Yes.' We now had to get Mr. Lincoln on the road, I think, in about 13 months.
In honor of President's Day.