Quantcast Tidbits March/April 2017

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits March/April 2017

Tidbits
    March/April 2017

Double the Dine

3/26/17 Disney’s Hollywood Studios has postponed the extension to Minnie’s Seasonal dining to Lunch seatings until later in the year. The park has announced that the Lunch Seatings will begin on September 4th with the start of the 2017 run of the Minnie’s Halloween Dine. With this change, Guests will continue to have only Dinner options for Minnie’s Springtime Dine (now through June 4, 2017) and Minnie’s Summertime Dine (June 5 – September 3, 2017).

2/23/17 Disney’s Hollywood Studios has recently announced an expansion to their popular seasonal character dining. The Spring seasonal Character Meal at Hollywood & Vine, Minnie’s Springtime Dine, will be offered for both lunch and dinner when it expands its seating on May 14th during its 2017 run.

Mission: Refurb

3/26/17
    One half of Epcot’s thrill rides will be closed for the Peak Summer 2017 season. Mission: SPACE is currently scheduled to be closed for refurbishment from June 5th through July 31st, 2017. Although not confirmed, it is rumoured among attraction Cast that the ride may feature new missions or updates to the existing mission as part of the refurbishment.

A New Household

3/26/17
    Heritage House in the Liberty Square section of the Magic Kingdom has been repurposed again after several changes from its retail roots. The once MyMagic+ Service Center and Meet & Greet spot is now the Liberty Square Ticket Office offering in-park Walt Disney World ticket sales and services.

Shuttering Stores

3/26/17
    The Darkroom and Cover Story re-opened from their multi-month rehab with several changes. Due to internal renovations, Guests can now pass through The Darkroom, Cover Story, and Celebrity 5 & 10 to avoid potential crowds on Hollywood Blvd. (or have easier access to other shopping needs). Both stores received new layouts with new focuses on Magic Bands, Disney Phone Cases, and Disney Pins.

2/23/17 Two adjacent retail locations in the Hollywood Blvd section of Disney’s Hollywood Studios closed early last month for a multi-month refurbishment. The Darkroom and Cover Story retail locations closed for refurbishment on January 9th and are scheduled to re-open on March 24, 2017. Although no details were announced at the time of closure, Cast are expecting that the two locations will re-open with significant changes, if not as one new location.

Springing Up

4/2/17
    The last original Pleasure Island venue has announced the beginning of its Disney Springs transformation. Portobello Country Italian Trattoria (opening as the Portobello Yacht Club in 1989) has announced it will close for refurbishment on April 24, 2017 for major renovations. The location is slated to re-open in Fall 2017 keeping the Italian cuisine, but enhancing the experience with a new family style menu, craft beers, and Italian wines developed by James Beard Award-winner Chef Tony Mantuano.

A Charming Refurbishment

4/2/17
    One of Fantasyland's most iconic attractions will be closing for refurbishment after the Peak Spring Break crowds are gone. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel is scheduled to be closed April 24 through May 18, 2017.

Whip it Good! or Where’s the Rum Gone?

4/2/17
    Fans of Dole Whips and Rum have another reason to be happy at Walt Disney World as a popular hotel has combined these two into a new treat. Guests at Art of Animation Resort can now enjoy the Captain’s Pineapple cocktail at the Drop Off Pool Bar. The frozen concoction is simply described as a Dole Whip with Captain's Morgan and is priced at $10.00. The drink has been described as Seasonal, but no indication on its tenure has been reported.

Growing Garages

4/2/17
    New stores and dining spots aren’t the only things still springing up at Disney Springs; there’s still more infrastructure work to come. Construction has begun for the Third Parking Garage for the shopping, dining, and entertainment area. The Walt Disney World Casting parking lot closed on April 1st as part of the project commencement. The third garage will be connected via a pedestrian bridge across Buena Vista Drive. The new garage will reportedly be mixed use for both Guests and Cast Members.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing ... some interesting news.

As silly as it sounds, I'm happy to be able to walk all the way through the stores at DHS!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I probably like Mission Space more than most people, but some new/updated missions would be good to see. Just don't get rid of Gary Sinise. He's the perfect pre-show host for a space themed ride, if only because I associate him with Apollo 13.
    - Brian

First WDW visit: 1984, Village Resort
    Last WDW visit: 2015, Caribbean Beach
    Next WDW visit: 2018, Polynesian

6. Likes Mackflava99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fusillejerry View Post
    I probably like Mission Space more than most people, but some new/updated missions would be good to see. Just don't get rid of Gary Sinise. He's the perfect pre-show host for a space themed ride, if only because I associate him with Apollo 13.
    My family and I love Mission Space...a lot! Yes...please...don't get rid of Gary Sinise!

Post Thanks / Like

I also have to add that my husband will be SO happy to hear the "Dole Whip and Rum" rumor! I seem to recall a trip a few years back when he asked (to no one in particular), "You know what would be really tasty? A little rum in my Dole Whip!" hahahaha!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: