Quantcast New Walt Disney World Transportation System?: Updated 3/7/17 with New Permit - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The "resort fee" has always been there, really, if you compare prices with similar accomodations off property (at least at WDW). Just like you used to pay for your bags on a plane before too, since that was clearly baked into the price. Adding in these junk fees is simply a way to disguise price increases.
    But most other non Disney resorts do not bake it in so this makes Disney's prices look higher. The same for Southwest Airlines. Depending on how many bags you bring it can be a lot more on other airlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamabutler View Post
    But most other non Disney resorts do not bake it in so this makes Disney's prices look higher. The same for Southwest Airlines. Depending on how many bags you bring it can be a lot more on other airlines

The problem with this is that Disney does not provide the same quality of hotel as other places do for the same price. If they start adding on extra charges, you are paying more for less at a Disney hotel.
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Travel nursing - Seeing the World and Saving one Life at a Time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    The problem with this is that Disney does not provide the same quality of hotel as other places do for the same price. If they start adding on extra charges, you are paying more for less at a Disney hotel.
    I would agree with that but people expect them to be more expensive just like Universal's. They do offer other perks that make the rooms worth more such as FP+, Magical Express, Charging privileges.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by williamabutler View Post
    I would agree with that but people expect them to be more expensive just like Universal's. They do offer other perks that make the rooms worth more such as FP+, Magical Express, Charging privileges.

While I respect that those perks may make it worth more to you, that is not necessarily true for everyone. I truly dislike FP+, and I could do without charging privileges. Magical Express is a nice way to start my time off in Florida with a Disney touch, but it really would be easier to just walk out and get a taxi.
    Duriing our very first visit, we stayed concierge level at the Polynesian. Concierge was not very helpful for us at all. I wound up having to make all of our reservations. They couldn't tell us where to find a tour we had booked. (We never did find it.) I am not really sure why they are even there. The only good part about it was that the three teenage boys could go in and get food whenever they wanted to fill their endless pit stomachs. When I contrast that to the Westin Kierland here (which we have stayed at frequently to enjoy the lazy river), it comes up very, very short. All I have to do is walk near the desk, and the Westin staff will offer recommendations, make my reservations, do what I need to have done to make my stay as pleasant as possible.
    I'm not a big fan of the Deluxes at Disney World. They have a lot of hype and very little delivery, except Animal Kingdom Lodge. AKL was outstanding in everything. FP+, Magical Express, and charging privileges do not make up for not doing your job properly.
    "and having done everything, to stand firm"

Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

Travel nursing - Seeing the World and Saving one Life at a Time.

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

New Permit added above
    Figment! aka Jason o
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~Its what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

7. Likes Dulcee liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: