Quantcast My son's 16th Birthday trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default My son's 16th Birthday trip

We said one night at All Star Sports and the rest of the week at POP. Sports was nice. The beds were comfy and the room was cleaned. Pop was ok. First night was awful. The beds needed to tossed. The were droopy in the middle and made awful noises when you move. We tried to make the best of it and try deal with bed. Second issue here was the bathroom sink. I forgot the power strip so I had to charge things by the sink BIG MISTAKE. Something in the faucet broke and I did not realize it was leaking all night. Woke up around 5 ish to my sons phone and 3ds in a huge puddle of water. Called maintenance to get them to fix it. They showed up a few hours later while we were at MK. The 3ds and phone did not survive the water so I talked to Manager about what happened. I tried to let them dry out but they did not turn back on. Since his phone is due for upgrade I told them I will take care of that but I wanted to see what I needed to do to put in a claim. He was was not sure and would have to get back to me. Well about 9 pm ish he called the room to say that he was going to Gamestop to get one but it was 3ds XL. While he was looking for one, I was calling around for one (he is on the autism spectrum and needs it). I let him know I found one at Walmart and it was cheaper than the one he found. He said that he will take care of it. We got a call around 10 pm to say that they were bringing it up to us. I could not thank him enough for getting the issue resolved so quickly. He did advise that I could change rooms since he was not able to replace the mattresses. He said we can go to a new room tonight or in the morning. I opted for morning since it was past bedtime. They did call in the morning (at 6am) with the new room number. That room was a bit better.

Restaurants

Tony's Town Square- This was the worst meal we had all week. Both of us had the steak and changed side to fries, I requested no season on both. Fries were good but the steak had way too much salt and pepper. We asked for them to be med but got one well done and the other very rare.

Cape May for dinner. It was ok, nothing special. We tried the fried clams, fish nuggets, corn, chicken , and clam chowder. There was a small section of desserts.

Be our guest--This was the best meal of the week. We had the steaks with no seasoning and fries. It was cooked perfect!! We were lucky enough to sit in the west wing.

Hollywood and Vine-- Basic buffet food but good. My son favorite was the pretzel rolls and the fruit ( special made since the one on the buffet had something he was allergic to in it). All the characters were fun and entertaining.

Garden Grill Breakfast-- It was good. Enjoyed the sticky buns, fruit bowl, mickey waffles, and the bacon. Booked this one for same day as the dinner at Garden Grill for my son Birthday meals. I found it was odd that they mention the birthday was noted in the system at check in but nothing during or after the meal. I though that might just do it at dinner time so I did not say anything

Garden Grill Dinner-- It was great meal. Enjoyed pot roast, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. Turkey was ok ( a bit salty for me). At check in they mention the his birthday was noted on reservation but not his age. I let her know it was his 16th. She said she would let the waiter know. However, I felt a little rushed when we were here for dinner. The waiter came over with the check about 10 minutes after the meal was served. Ummm we have not had dessert yet. Then after we paid we did not see the waiter which was kinda odd. Waited for about 15 minutes after dinner was done for the dessert but gave up waiting so we left. Not sure where the waiter went. Unfortunately, he did not have a birthday cupcake at dinner.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear Disney took care of the issues with your room. Seems like you had some variation in dining - sorry to hear you did not enjoy all of your meals.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: