Quantcast Mary Tyler Moore

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mary Tyler Moore

As I am sure you all have seen, Mary Tyler Moore passed away earlier this week. People have been sharing what this legendary actress meant to them, so I thought it would be good for us to share our thoughts.

I was a fan of her for two reasons. I remember sitting watching the Mary Tyler Moore show with my parents. I am thankful they never said she was odd for being single, or discourage me when I would say at 5-6 years old that I wanted my own place like Mary or Rhoda (in my kindergarten/1st grade mind Minneapolis was equal in glamour to NYC). Her portrayal of a woman during a time when women were gaining new rights (such as owning property without a co-signer) was inspiring to many.

Second reason I admired her was for her tireless work for Type 1 Diabetes research through JDRF. Even while she was losing her sight from the disease, she was still working as an advocate for finding a cure.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2. Likes Strmchsr liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with what you've said. I have always been a serious fan of older sitcoms and am thankful for several cable channels that still show them. Mary Tyler Moore has always been at the top of my list of favorites. Although she was so talented she never forgot what was important in life. Last night ABC's 20/20 showed an hour-long tribute to her; in addition to her professional life, they talked about her humanitarian efforts and personal life. I'm not embarrassed to admit I had a box of Kleenex close by; she left a wonderful legacy behind - so many good memories, coupled with a bit of sadness and many good works.

As I write this, I'm watching an all-day marathon of the Mary Tyler Moore show on the Sundance Channel, while I prepare/pack for my trip to CBR in just 4 days.

If I listed all the reasons I loved Mary, this may turn into a book, so I'll end by saying -
    She made it OK for women to be themselves and to have strong convictions, while never forgetting to be compassionate and to care about others. As thankful as I am for all the laughs, I'm just as thankful for her ability to allow us to know the private side of Mary. She will never be forgotten.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

5. Likes deedee73, Hammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    If I listed all the reasons I loved Mary, this may turn into a book, so I'll end by saying -
    She made it OK for women to be themselves and to have strong convictions, while never forgetting to be compassionate and to care about others. As thankful as I am for all the laughs, I'm just as thankful for her ability to allow us to know the private side of Mary. She will never be forgotten.
    Well said, Sylvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Totally agree with what you've said. I have always been a serious fan of older sitcoms and am thankful for several cable channels that still show them. Mary Tyler Moore has always been at the top of my list of favorites. Although she was so talented she never forgot what was important in life. Last night ABC's 20/20 showed an hour-long tribute to her; in addition to her professional life, they talked about her humanitarian efforts and personal life. I'm not embarrassed to admit I had a box of Kleenex close by; she left a wonderful legacy behind - so many good memories, coupled with a bit of sadness and many good works.

As I write this, I'm watching an all-day marathon of the Mary Tyler Moore show on the Sundance Channel, while I prepare/pack for my trip to CBR in just 4 days.
    I watched the hour long special that CBS broadcasted on Thursday. I DVR'd the marathon on Sundance and will finish watching the episodes tonight or tomorrow. I especially laughed during the scene when Mary was soaking in the bubble bath and all the station guys came over because she wasn't answering the phone! It reminded me also how much my parents laughed at that scene .

Not sure if you have DVR service since you will be at Disney, but CW57 is going to air 6 episodes next Saturday night. I am hearing there may be some commentary from local newscasters about the influence the role of Mary Richards had on them.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: