Quantcast Tours for an person in an ECV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tours for an person in an ECV

Can anyone recommend tours that are best suited for someone who will be using an off-site ECV? I don't want to be the person that holds up the group. I am ambulatory, but just can't stand for long periods.

In years past, I was able to do Keys to the Kingdom twice (pre- and post-9/11), Magic Behind Our Steam Trains, and Backstage Magic.

Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

One to consider (if you enjoy the animals and the food!) is the Wanyama Safari at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You need to go up a few steps into the truck one time, and then down at the end. There are seats on the truck, and you can stand at times if you wish. And the tour begins with amazing appetizers in the Jiko Restaurant at the AKL, and ends with an even more amazing meal (several courses including wine pairings). We went with friends who are limited in their mobility, and they had no issues - and a great time. It's a terrific tour of the animals at the Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done - Keys to the Kingdom, Holiday D-Lights, and Yuletide Fantasy on my scooter. I also have done Backstage World Showcase which they no longer do which is a shame as it maybe my favorite one. In years past they were kind of iffy on the subject of if you could use an ECV or not. Now when I call the 407-WDW-TOUR number they are able to give you exact information on what the limits might be, just how ambulatory you must, etc. There where very few you can not go on. The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains is one that 2 years ago you could not go on if I remember correctly. The 2 holiday tours I took you go to different parks on a bus using back roads. On one of them we had a total of 5 ECVs. Not your regular Disney Transportation buses but one like Magical Express uses from an outside vendor with the large luggage space under the coach. They just kind of collapsed the ECVs and zipped them in. Give them a call and have fun.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Behind the Seeds at the Land is a great tour on an ECV
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for asking this question-I was wondering the same thing. Here's a picture of the stairs onto the bus at the Wanyama Safari-

I did the tour in my "pre-ECV" days, and I'm not so sure I could handle the stairs now. When I did the Behind the Scenes tour at Animal Kingdom, there was a person in a wheelchair on the tour, and that person was accommodated very well. I'm quite sure that when they booked the tour, they told the CM that there'd be a wheelchair. I did Behind the Seeds way back when it was a free tour and I didn't notice ECV usage. Glad to hear about the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: