Quantcast Never used ECV before

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never used ECV before

Hey there! My hubby is having some back issues & may need to use an ECV for our upcoming trip. If we rent from Disney, i understand that will be on a day-to-day basis. We've considered using an outside company. Recommendations? Also, when renting this way, do we store it in our room at night or will the resort help with that?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

if you rent offsite it s yours for the duration of your stay. it goes right into the room and you plug it in everynight. it has enough battery to last allday. we used best price mobility and had no trouble at all. They deliver it to bell services, you sign for it they show you how it opeates and when youre done they pick it up.
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

From the official Disney website:
    Disney Featured Providers
    In addition to the locations listed here, several Orlando-area companies also offer ECVs, wheelchairs, strollers and other mobility products for rent. Pre-orders and deliveries to Disney Resort hotels are available through these providers, which include:
    Best Price Scooters and Strollers: (866) 866-3434
    Apple Scooter: (800) 701-1971
    ScooterBug: (800) 726-8284
    CARE Scooter Rentals: (800) 741-2282
    Buena Vista Scooter Rentals: (866) 484-4797
    After making reservations from one of these companies you would pick an ECV up from Bell Services upon your arrival.
    ECVs are powered by battery and must be charged over night in your room. After making your arrangements with the ECV company call Disney Resort reservations and let them know that you will need a room that either has an elevator or a ground level room. This is really a lot easier than it sounds. Going with an outside company lets you have use of the ECV at all times and I have found them to always be less expensive.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

We've always rented from Apple and had wonderful service although I've seen some negative reports here lately. We will be there next week and are using them again. We always kept our in our room and charge it overnight with no issues. It is cheaper to rent from an outside company and you can keep the ECV when you leave the park so you have it at your resort.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have another vote for Apple Scooter. My lady friend I both had scooter this last trip and one or the other on previous trips. Even though we had minor problems with a scooter twice they were resolved after a phone call within about 30 min with a replacement scooter. They will respond to the parks or to the resort where ever you are at. They also include hazard insurance with the rental for free. I have found them to be the cheapest also.

Using an ECV in the parks is $50 a day plus a $25 deposit. The deposit is refundable. If you park hop just take your receipt to the next park and apply the deposit again and if they have one to rent. They may have them rented, thus you would be out of luck.

So I rent from outside so it can be used outside and inside the parks or what ever for your agreed rental period with the provider.

You will need to take the rental to your room where you can recharge and store it when not is use. FYI I would have a plastic bag to cover the controls on the tiller to keep them dry in case of rain as it can affect the electronics.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

7. Likes MississippiDisneyFreak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Mom uses an ECV at Disney, and it has been a lifesaver! We rent from off-site, so she has it around the resort, and it is so much cheaper than renting from Disney directly.

I'm one of those "anyone but Apple" people, since we had two horrible experiences with them, and saving a few extra dollars was not worth all of the trouble and poor condition of both the ECV and the wheelchair. We've had great experiences with Buena Vista Scooter Rentals, and I would highly recommend them (or again, anyone but Apple!).

When you rent it, you store it in your room overnight, and charge it. What resort are you thinking of staying at? We've easily stored it in a moderate room, and although a bit tighter of a fit, even a value room has enough space. There are a few rooms at Disney that aren't accessible (I'm thinking the second floor of the Bayou rooms at POR - they only have stairs), so let Disney know you'll need a room that you can wheel into. You may also want to ask for a room on the ground floor or close to the elevator, as sometimes they can be quite a way away. (We were once on the opposite side of the building from the elevator - it worked, but it was a pain!)

Enjoy your trip!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from WDW on Sunday and I used Apple again this trip. After reading Heather's posts I almost changed vendors. I am so glad I didn't, once again I received wonderful service from them.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerkel View Post
    Hey there! My hubby is having some back issues & may need to use an ECV for our upcoming trip. If we rent from Disney, i understand that will be on a day-to-day basis. We've considered using an outside company. Recommendations? Also, when renting this way, do we store it in our room at night or will the resort help with that?
    I was in your position just a couple years ago as far as being a first time ECV renter. My problem with Apple is that, if you google them, you'll see that they have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau. That in itself keeps me from renting from them. However, I admit that I have no first hand knowledge of negative reports. I've rented twice from Walker and had very good experiences with them. However I'm tempted to try a Featured Provider next time and, after asking around last time I was at WDW, it'll probably be Buena Vista. Also, and this may be hard to understand, the controls on Walker scooters hurt my thumb. Their scooters require me to push a lever with my thumb. With Buena Vista scooters, you grab the handle. I hope my explanation makes some sense! Honestly, though, if Walker were a Featured Provider, I'd probably stay with them and take tylenol for my thumb!

Post Thanks / Like

i Have always been the biggerst apple supporter and promoter. But the last two trips have been horrible. They have been delivered only half a battery, so we charged it for 10 hours that night, and it barely had enough power to get up the ramp on the bus and was out of battery w/i 3 hours, after calling them, and being told I didn't charge it right, and i must be doing something wrong, they delivered a scocoter in 3 hours. that one didn't work either, so i made it back to our resort, and 3 hours later another one came, and that worked fine.
    they used to have a guy there named Alex. He was awesome, very nice and helpful. Now most of the people i talk to are rude and not very helpful. now the guys that have delivered the scooters are always very nice.
    this trip i planeed on using another company, but i think i will try apple one more time i don't want to judge a company on a couple bad experiences, things happen, so we shall see.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    this trip i planeed on using another company, but i think i will try apple one more time i don't want to judge a company on a couple bad experiences, things happen, so we shall see.
    I would really suggest using another company. Not only has Apple gotten bad reviews here, but they also have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: